Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Music

Started by Avaitor, November 11, 2011, 02:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

No, I like the song, too.

It's Bad Medicine I can't stand because it NEVER LEAVES MY HEAD.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2012, 10:21:00 PM
It's Bad Medicine I can't stand because it NEVER LEAVES MY HEAD.
OH MY GOD YES

Also, while we're still talking about Bon Jovi, I still love this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

The only Bon Jovi song I ever liked was "You Give Love a Bad Name", and even that one has kinda soured on me in recent years.

Sorry guys, but I absolutely despise "Livin' On a Prayer". One of my least favorite songs ever, as a matter of fact. I didn't think I'd be alone here in this regard, but apparently I am.

Nel_Annette

I used to despise Passion Pit because their first album was all my friends ever played back when it came out. But god damn, "Take A Walk" is catchy as hell.

Avaitor

Going back to Bon Jovi for a second, it's funny, my best friend and I have arguments a lot since he likes them and I like Def Leppard. He thinks Leppard are lame while I think that Jon and the boys mostly suck.

Overall it's a silly argument because when you get down to it, they're pretty much the same band. They were both glammed up hard rock bands that went through a lot of revisions after the 80's until they found a new sound that particularly worked for them- for DL, it was going straight glam, and BJ are now country.

Why do we still fight though? Well, I think Leppard actually had riffs and ideas for their first few albums. To me, Bon Jovi were just a pop band, and a lame one at that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

The only good Bon Jovi song is "Runaway", everything else is trash.

And besides the songs "Hysteria" and "Rocket", everything post-Pyromania is also garbage.

Next crappy hairmetal band please.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

No-Personality

Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Commode

Meh, I don't have much of an opinion on them.  I did listen to my cassette of Metal Health quite a bit in high school though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I like their old stuff with Randy Roads, before he joined Ozzy.

Metal Health and onwards? Eh.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on September 26, 2012, 04:01:31 PM
Going back to Bon Jovi for a second, it's funny, my best friend and I have arguments a lot since he likes them and I like Def Leppard. He thinks Leppard are lame while I think that Jon and the boys mostly suck.

Overall it's a silly argument because when you get down to it, they're pretty much the same band. They were both glammed up hard rock bands that went through a lot of revisions after the 80's until they found a new sound that particularly worked for them- for DL, it was going straight glam, and BJ are now country.

Why do we still fight though? Well, I think Leppard actually had riffs and ideas for their first few albums. To me, Bon Jovi were just a pop band, and a lame one at that.

Funny you should mention that, since I like Def Leppard.

Considering that fact, I'm actually not sure why I hate Bon Jovi so much, since they are both pretty similar in nature (well, at least in the 80's they were). I dunno, I guess Bon Jovi's sound just never clicked with me. That, and stuff like "Livin' On a Prayer" and "Bad Medicine" continues to be so mercilessly overplayed on any classic rock station of choice, and they never were good songs to begin with.

Again though, I like Def Leppard. Sure it's trashy glam metal, yeah, but at least it's fun (kinda like how Motley Crue is for me, Girls album and most later stuff aside).

Avaitor

When it comes to hair metal, Extreme is far and away head of the pack. I don't think there's an argument otherwise.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton