Gamera

Started by LumRanmaYasha, October 09, 2015, 01:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

I attended the Gamera 50th anniversary live-event at Comic Con today, and they showed off a full, 4-minute proof-of-concept teaser for the new Gamera film that's currently in production. It was supposed to be a Comic Con exclusive trailer, but I'm sure you'll find it somewhere if you search hard enough. I have to say, though, that the teaser was fucking epic. The CG was great, the action was great, Gamera and Gyaos' re-designs looked awesome (I think they also showed off Barugon, but it appeared so briefly I couldn't really identify him for sure). Really just everything about it was a total treat. Everyone in the crowd was so pumped and excited by it, there's really a lot of enthusiasm for this project on both the filmmakers' and fans' sides. It certainly has me looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out, and hopefully it'll be as fun and well-executed as the teaser was.

Anyway, use this thread to discuss the upcoming Gamera reboot, as well as the franchise as a whole.

gunswordfist

I just want to see more of Zoe Saldana in paint. :swoon:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

In case you're not joking, I'm talking about Gamera, as in this guy...

...and not Gamora from GOTG.  :P

gunswordfist

Let's pretend like I was joking :thinkin:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sounds great.

It also reminds me of how much I've always wanted to see a Godzilla vs. Gamera film. If only Toho and Daiei could work together and co-produce a crossover film that'd be bound to make them both a fortune, it'd be amazing. It would totally blow Batman v. Superman out of the water, IMO. :P

We are getting a Godzilla vs. King Kong film, though....which has technically already been done twice before.

Back on topic, though, I haven't seen all of the Gamera movies, and the two that I have seen I barely remember (it was the original and one of the sequels). I'll have to get on that some time.

LumRanmaYasha

Plenty of business rivals, like Marvel and DC, Disney and WB, Weekly Shonen Sunday and Weekly Shonen Magazine etc. have put their differences aside to make fun crossovers in the past. Godzilla vs. Gamera would be the greatest thing ever, so how Toho and Daiei have continued to stubbornly ignore the money-making potential of it for almost half a century now baffles me.

It's also been a long time since I watched the Gamera films, so I'm planning to give them and the Godzilla movies a good marathon whenever I next get the chance to. I never watched any of the Heisei era films, so I should probably get around to those this time as well.