"Jaws" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, August 01, 2011, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

this might be my current favorite spielberg movie. i haven't watched many of his films in years but i liked jaws the one and only time i saw it much more than jurassic park and more than indy 1 and 3 (with me really liking those indy films). i think i saw all of the 4 of the aforementioned films a few years ago around the same time, with jurassic park being the only one i have seen in its entirety but i was a kid the first many times i saw it.

uh, anyway, jaws is a top 10/5 horror movie to me. i was scared by the first full view of Jaws himself. It looked like such a huge shark. probably not as big as i originally thought but that's kind of the beauty of that moment.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I think that Schindler's List might be Spielberg's best film, but Jaws is probably his most enjoyable to watch as a whole.

Raiders sure comes close as well, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

i have yet to see schindler's list.

edit: also, i am a big fan of saving private ryan. it's my favorite war movie. so it's either that or jaws for me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I just realized that this film's 40th anniversary came and went. It even got re-released in select theaters by TCM last month, and I totally missed it. Well, that's a bummer.

We totally should have at least taken the opportunity to do a 40th anniversary discussion, though.

Hopefully I don't also forget about The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly's 50th anniversary next year.

gunswordfist

Hmmm...*puts it on horror movie night DVD list* So far it's just that and The Thing. I'll find the right thread to ask for more choices. Maybe I'll actually get to do a horror movie night for once in my life.