Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

And the penny drops. So yeah, plan to update this every Thursday. Already have 4 articles ready (including 2 done by Avaitor and Desen), so hopefully I can keep that promise.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Nicely written review, though admittedly I disagree with you that the premiere was flat-out bad. Generic and probably uninspired, sure, but its not like there was no effort put into it, and if you look at it for what it is I still think its fairly entertaining. Personally I'd at least re-watch it over a number of JLU episodes if I had the choice, but that's probably just me.

That said your review was still very descriptive and had a lot of good points to it which I can agree with (even if on the whole I still like the premiere for what it is), so keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Foggle

Guys, you have to inform people about your new reviews/features, or else people won't know to discuss them.

I particularly enjoyed part 3 of the Infinite Stratos review. Goddamn that shit sounds bad.

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

Heh, good job Mr. Dalek, sir.

And somehow I do remember Fido Dido!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

OH GOD SO MANY EMBEDDED VIDEOS

Foggle

Nice article, btw. Fucking California Raisin... I remember seeing an episode of that shit at my grandfather's house on some old tape. Don't know how anyone could have thought that was a good idea.

Captain N is awesome, dude. Geek Cast Radio put it on their greatest cartoons of all time list, so it must be good.

Commode

Captain N is so bad, I just tried watching some of it recently,  and it's just so bad.  Who the fuck makes a Game Boy a cartoon character?  And what the hell happended to Mega Man, he looks so ridiculous.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on December 14, 2011, 02:57:16 PM
Nice article, btw. Fucking California Raisin... I remember seeing an episode of that shit at my grandfather's house on some old tape. Don't know how anyone could have thought that was a good idea.

Captain N is awesome, dude. Geek Cast Radio put it on their greatest cartoons of all time list, so it must be good.

Haha, I had actually forgotton about that. Those guys are the worst.

Good articles, everyone.

Foggle

Nice one, dude!

I've noticed that Wonder Woman is rarely handled well in any form of media. What's strange is, I don't remember Justice League having this many mediocre/bad episodes. Then again, I was a lot younger when I first watched it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, IDK, I do agree that this particular episode was underwhelming, but I don't really share nearly the same distaste for the first season of JL as Insomniac does. Except for maybe In Blackest Night and War World (and maybe Metamorphosis as well), I don't think that any of the rest of the episodes were downright terrible. There were a good chunk of mediocre ones, though, but there were some ones that I genuinely liked and do still like even today (I'm personally pretty fond of The Savage Time).

I do agree that the problem among the writers with the first season was definitely in the weak characterization, though. With the exception of Batman and The Flash (being that The Flash was always meant to be more of a comic relief in the series and was never supposed to have much depth to him), the other characters were either pretty bland (like Superman, J'onn, GL, and Hawk Girl) or just plain unlikable (as Dr. Insomniac mentioned with Wonder Woman in his write-up). I think that season 2 brought some substantial improvements to both the stories and the characterization, though, personally.

Foggle

Kiddington

Heh, you know, I must say; I'm really digging the new design. Looks a lot neater and more cleaned up than it used to be, especially in my last article. I noticed that with the added space, the pictures are no longer cut-off and overly large, which makes me happy knowing that I can continue working with Photobucket for any pics I use in the future, and NOT have to slink back to virus-laden Imageshack.

Again, great job.  :thumbup: