Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 26, 2012, 11:54:35 PM
I remember reading about how the mere suggestion that a main character had a boyfriend ended up crippling AnoHana's DVD sales, along with how people were issuing death threats about the same situation being on Kannagi.
Japan... :srs:

Rynnec

I also heard K-ON! also had a similar issue when one of the characters was teased to have a boyfriend in the episode previews or something.

I can somewhat sympathize with those people (being a Yuri-fan, I'd be rather dissapointed if one of the characters got a boyfriend in an otherwise subtext filled show). But I would never go as far as issuing death threats to the people who work on the show.

Spark Of Spirit

Where do you guys find these shows? Even the Japanese try to pretend such material doesn't exist.

Quote from: Foggle on April 26, 2012, 11:43:57 PM
Quotepeople stalk out of love.
This is sadly quite true.
Obsession is not love, my friend. It's another form of greed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 27, 2012, 12:10:04 AM
Where do you guys find these shows? Even the Japanese try to pretend such material doesn't exist.

No, it's love. Stephenie Meyer told us so.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 27, 2012, 12:14:19 AM

No, it's love. Stephenie Meyer told us so.
I'll have to consult mai waifu on this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

But my stalker assured me that she loved me... :'(

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 27, 2012, 12:29:06 AM
But my stalker assured me that she loved me... :'(
Look up the song "Skatanic" by Reel Big Fish.

Stalkers have the best intentions for their preylove!

Foggle

Already heard it! Will listen again, though. ;)

Damn, I haven't listened to Reel Big Fish in years...

Spark Of Spirit

But yeah, Otaku hate when they're girls have boyfriends in anime. It breaks the illusion that it's their girlfriends and then they have to deal with inferior real life women.

Rynnec

That stigma also carries over to Yuri-pairings, sadly enough. It's even a common joke that Otaku don't really want lesbians in their yuri.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 27, 2012, 12:43:13 AM
But yeah, Otaku hate when they're girls have boyfriends in anime. It breaks the illusion that it's their girlfriends and then they have to deal with inferior real life women.
CHECK IT YO

Spark Of Spirit

Most of that is just a joke, though.  ;D

In Japan it's a very serious issue of how people treat their virtual people better than the ones who live in their real lives.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 27, 2012, 12:53:02 AM
Most of that is just a joke, though.  ;D

In Japan it's a very serious issue of how people treat their virtual people better than the ones who live in their real lives.
Yeah, I know. I was going to do one of me holding a stuffed zebra up to a photo of a lion, but decided not to. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Well, one of those people is Colin Mochrie (a fellow Canadian), so someone one-upped you!

Foggle

The zoomed in version is way better. iirc, one of the guys is giving Aigis from P3 motor oil. :lol: