Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

I've been considering writing a few guest reviews, but those will probably be at a later date. (I still need to get my entries for the Videogame list done.)

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Wow, this episode sounds terribad. Have no recollection of it, though.

Rynnec

I faintly remember this episode, I don't think I even liked it that much as a kid, and I was in my "girls have cooties!" phase back then. I also found it weird that the episode's Big Bad recruited two male supervillains when she was trying to get rid of males.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rynnec on October 23, 2012, 01:01:38 AM
I faintly remember this episode, I don't think I even liked it that much as a kid, and I was in my "girls have cooties!" phase back then. I also found it weird that the episode's Big Bad recruited two male supervillains when she was trying to get rid of males.
She didn't make her plan clear until she disposed of them though.

Avaitor

When you think about it, Wonder Woman does have a pretty weak track record with storylines over the course of the show. This is proof positive of that.

Good article! Glad to see these back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, Diana doesn't get a decent story until Maid of Honor, and that's because of Vandal instead of her. And expect Dalek to post a companion article about the stuff that was influencing Justice League at the time. Also, I'm still rooting for the idea of doing these for the other DCAU shows, on the basis that over a decade of TV history contains loads of tidbits to dissect. At 384 episodes and four movies, I'd be game. Hope you guys will too.

Avaitor

Should we go backwards and go to Batman Beyond if so?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on October 23, 2012, 02:23:44 AM
Should we go backwards and go to Batman Beyond if so?
I don't see why not.

Avaitor

New blog!

Foggle

Great piece man! Pretty long too. You really think you can keep this up weekly? :o

I agree that Ed Edd n Eddy's premiere is definitely the best of the lot. I always thought The Ed-Touchables was hilarious. No Courage in your series, though? :'(

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on October 26, 2012, 12:45:30 PM
Great piece man! Pretty long too. You really think you can keep this up weekly? :o
I'm not sureee, but I'd love to. I might get a head start for next week later today though. ;)

Quote from: Foggle on October 26, 2012, 12:45:30 PMNo Courage in your series, though? :'(
Not for this set, but if I end up finishing these 4 series and there's still interest in these articles at that point, I might make a second set. Courage is very likely to make it on if I do.

New blog!

Foggle

Fall 2012 clusterfuck is up! In this installment, we review:

Btooom!
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Ixion Saga DT
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
K
Little Busters!
Medaka Box Abnormal
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne (OniAi)
Psycho-Pass
Resident Evil: Damnation
Robotics;Notes
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Zetsuen no Tempest

Enjoy!

Rynnec

QuoteBTOOM! itself is the title of this fictionally popular MMO action game which seems to be some weird combination of a Call of Duty game mixed in with Bomberman, but in case I gave you the mistaken impression of something that sounds awesome, think more along the lines of Bomberman: Act Zero?.yeah, that?s supposed to be the hugely successful game that apparently every gamer in this world is hooked on.

I hate this anime already.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rynnec on October 29, 2012, 02:54:09 AM
QuoteBTOOM! itself is the title of this fictionally popular MMO action game which seems to be some weird combination of a Call of Duty game mixed in with Bomberman, but in case I gave you the mistaken impression of something that sounds awesome, think more along the lines of Bomberman: Act Zero?.yeah, that?s supposed to be the hugely successful game that apparently every gamer in this world is hooked on.

I hate this anime already.
It had a kid get his testicles squeezed by his dad on-screen this week.