Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

How you guys liking our Ludovico Trials feature?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Yeah, the Games episodes were extremely boring. Ren & Stimpy truly was a show ahead of its time (most kids' cartoons today are disgusting and incoherent rather than fun and original).

Spark Of Spirit

While I may have been hit or miss on the early episodes and found the Games episodes really boring... APC is a whole different beast.

I've already seen the first two episodes and I already want the man fired from a cannon into the sun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Heh, good review. The Games episodes as a whole were a lot less creative and fun than Spumco's. Like you said, there's some good in there, but the lion's share is bland cartoon crap.

And yeah, I hope you enjoy APC. :D
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I had to stop after two episodes.

Onward & Upward was bad, but after Ren Seeks Help I need a bit of a break. If you thought my K-On review was overly harsh... This one isn't going to be pretty.

Avaitor

"Fire Dogs 2", man. "Fire Dogs 2".

I forget, did you ever see the first one? that would make for a good compare-contrast section.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I did, and it was one of the ones I liked. The only thing worse than a sequel to Fire Dogs would have been a Stimpy's Invention 2.

Ugh, I really don't want to watch the rest, but I know I have to. Going back and reading the reaction to when these first aired is quite funny, though.

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on March 20, 2011, 12:47:24 PM
If you thought my K-On review was overly harsh... This one isn't going to be pretty.
Ah, but how will it compare to my Ookami Kakushi review?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 20, 2011, 01:53:55 PM
If you thought my K-On review was overly harsh... This one isn't going to be pretty.
We'll have to see, but I still have 4 episodes to go and I apparently haven't seen the worst of it yet.

So how has Kiba been treating you?

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on March 20, 2011, 01:55:09 PM
Quote from: Foggle on March 20, 2011, 01:53:55 PM
We'll have to see, but I still have 4 episodes to go and I apparently haven't seen the worst of it yet.

So how has Kiba been treating you?
Like Josef Fritzl if he was my father.

Part 2 is going to be epic length. Originally I was going to do five parts, but I'm packing 50 entire episodes into this bad boy.

Dr. Insomniac

Part 1 of my torture is up.

Blogger was being a bitch when it came to formatting it though.

Avaitor

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on March 28, 2011, 02:57:56 PM
... the fuck was that?
Yeah, the first episode's fucking ghastly in how bad it is...

...unless you're referring to the recap itself.  :(

Spark Of Spirit

I have no idea what's going on

Foggle

I had no idea Clannad was so fucking terrible. People cry to this shit?