Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I was interested in this show, but never really got around to watching it. Suppose I was right to want to look into it!
Quote from: Desensitized on April 26, 2011, 01:05:07 AM
N&TH&T
What is this strange abbreviation? :lol:

Angus

N&TH&T = Now and Then, Here and There

Madoka Magica's still on my list given the pedigree of the director, who also storyboarded and directed for YYH back in the days. Although the last time he did something with Yuki Kajiura was Le Portrait of Petit Cossette, and that was average.

"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Angus on April 26, 2011, 02:08:50 PM
who also storyboarded and directed for YYH back in the days.

Would you be referring to Abe Noriyuki? I'm not sure how much the person who gets listed as the director or story-boarder for an anime is really responsible for, because he was also listed as the director and story-boarder for Bleach....

But, just the mention of anything YYH-related in the slightest is enough to get me interested in checking something out, as per usual.

Angus

Akiyuki Shinbo, who's better known for his randomness with Pani Poni Pash and the second Negima season. Back in the YYH days he was in the rotation for episode director and storyboard.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

A general question, is there a specific review anyone wants? I'm willing to take suggestions as I want to do one but can't really decide on any.

I've been kind of busy with non-site writing and the like recently, so I kind of want to get back into the swing of things.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Do you mean something that has recently aired or just anything in general?

Spark Of Spirit

I'm up for anything. Just try not to make it a 100+ episode show or something.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Code Geass. Someone finally needs to dissect why that shit makes no sense.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was going to suggest doing a review of Avengers when you watch it, but then I remembered that Avaitor recently added that as an entry to our list, so its probably better to wait on something like that, I suppose.

I could maybe think of a couple of other things to recommend, but I'm not sure what you're in the mood for.

How about trying to review something that you like that you feel is underrated or go less noticed, these days? Something like an old-school shonen that nobody else watches, or you could also review something more mainstream that you like if you want to recommend for people to pick it up on DVD.

Avaitor

I'm only doing a couple of paragraphs on it, so Desen can write a more detailed review of the first set if he wants to.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Would you guys be interested in doing a review of the Sam and Max: Freelance Police cartoon? You only have 14 episodes to do. So length isn't a problem. It would be nice to see someone else opinion on this show.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 28, 2011, 10:51:14 PM
Would you guys be interested in doing a review of the Sam and Max: Freelance Police cartoon? You only have 14 episodes to do. So length isn't a problem. It would be nice to see someone else opinion on this show.
Or better yet, how about you do it? Could be interesting to get a guest poster for once.

Angus

Quote from: Desensitized on April 28, 2011, 04:50:00 PM
A general question, is there a specific review anyone wants? I'm willing to take suggestions as I want to do one but can't really decide on any.

I've been kind of busy with non-site writing and the like recently, so I kind of want to get back into the swing of things.

Fairy Tail seems to be popular. I wasn't hooked when I saw the one episode in China. Also, Sket Dance started in April, if that wasn't already reviewed by the Spring set.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 28, 2011, 11:46:14 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on April 28, 2011, 10:51:14 PM
Or better yet, how about you do it? Could be interesting to get a guest poster for once.

You know what? After thinking it over for the whole weekend, I think I'll take that invite. Provided, I think the earliest I might be able to work on that is two weeks from now.

Spark Of Spirit

I got my review up!

How do you guys like the Avengers? I think their show sucks!