Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

http://animationrevelation.com/readables/?p=2787 - Oh hey! Someone's written the first ever article about Archer on A-R!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 30, 2014, 12:15:35 AM
Someone's written the first ever article about Archer on A-R!

More like the third.  :P

Great article, Juude. I haven't finished the season yet, but I personally really liked it myself, about as much as the previous seasons if not more than season 4. One thing I do agree with, though, is that having the Isis crew continualy failing to sell cocaine became a bit too reptitous, and kinda annoying, since as spies, they were actually pretty competant despite their bickering and occasional bumbling. I'll reserve my thoughts on your other points until I finish the season. And I look forward to reading more "After the Cell Shading" articles in the future.  :)

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 30, 2014, 08:51:46 AM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 30, 2014, 12:15:35 AM
Someone's written the first ever article about Archer on A-R!

More like the third.  :P
Foggle, Dalek, and the rest of the fine men on Skype would like to elaborate that it's the first ever article about Archer on AR to be any good (Foggle has claimed to be embarrassed by his older articles).

Lord Dalek

I've never seen you guys talk about Archer before...

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 01, 2014, 12:07:13 PM
I've never seen you guys talk about Archer before...

Quote from: Avaitor on February 05, 2014, 07:26:01 PM
New post by yours turly!
Quote from: Cartoon X on February 05, 2014, 08:48:45 PM
Great article, Avaitor!

I've certainly been enjoying the change of pace this season. I think it was for the best, and it should help put some new life into the show, without changing it fundamentally. After all, Archer was never really about the whole spy thing; at it's core it was about bickering co-workers and their relationships with one another. That stuff is still there in Archer Vice, but now the show has new opportunities and situations to put its characters in to stay fresh and funny.

I am confused about this line though:

QuoteFour episodes in, and this has got to be the best season of the show since season 4.

Was this intentional or a typo? I only ask because Archer Vice is season 5 so the statement doesn't make much sense. :P
Quote from: Foggle on February 05, 2014, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: Cartoon X on February 05, 2014, 08:48:45 PM
QuoteFour episodes in, and this has got to be the best season of the show since season 4.

Was this intentional or a typo? I only ask because Archer Vice is season 5 so the statement doesn't make much sense. :P
Definitely intentional. ;)

I largely agree about Vice; it's been pretty brilliant so far. I was surprised to see the ratings drop from season 4, though. There seem to be some dissenters out there (mostly congregating at IMDb), but overall it seems to be incredibly well-received, and rightly so.
Quote from: Avaitor on February 06, 2014, 07:11:39 AM
Oops, I meant since season 2.

I got distracted a bunch yesterday, so I didn't get much of a chance to proofread this.

:humhumhum:

Foggle

Can we please stop derailing the topic? This thread is about discussing reviews, not meta-discussion about reviews.

Rynnec

Sounds like Sayaka should've been the main character. A discriminated girl rebelling against an oppressive system is a bit more interesting than wanking over Tatsuya.

Honestly, the show could've had something going with the "Equality and justice are lies people use to their own advantage" thing. Instead it went for the boring route of MC wanking.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Rynnec on May 04, 2014, 06:44:24 PM
Sounds like Sayaka should've been the main character. A discriminated girl rebelling against an oppressive system is a bit more interesting than wanking over Tatsuya.
Yeah totally... except then it would be Kill La Kill now wouldn't it?

Foggle

Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 04, 2014, 10:50:17 PM
You say that as if it would be a bad thing.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on May 04, 2014, 10:56:44 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on May 04, 2014, 10:50:17 PM
You say that as if it would be a bad thing.
Dalek confirmed for closeted Mahouka fan.

LumRanmaYasha

Great article, Juu! I'm afraid I stopped watching MLP:FIM after season 3, and from what you say about season 4, while there seems there was some good in there, some of the stuff you mention about it doesn't make me feel like trying it anytime soon.  But I share your sentiments that, with the shows' "victory-lap" out of the way, hopefully they temper their ideas more and create a more well-written, less all over the place run of episodes. I'll wait and see what the reaction to season 5 is like, and if it's positive, I'll think about trying the series again.

Also, that last paragraph of yours had me in stitches.  :lol:

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I gotta get my hands on that Blu-Ray.

Nice job!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Excellent write-up. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about the rest of the series. I remember that you got me into this show way back when it was first airing, and it instantly became one of my favorite cartoons ever. ;)