Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

^Ironically this reminds me of what became of Blue Exorcist and how Marquis now wants me to write an A-1 article.

...which would mean I would have to watch Fairy Tail again.  :pedro_nooo:

Lord Dalek

Daxdiv

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 05, 2014, 10:46:11 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, how they ended the Zatch Bell anime was just as bad. Clearly, they don't give a fuck about anything they have except their big money makers they can milk money from forever and ever.

Yeah, sadly that came around a time where the Zatch Bell series was kind of cursed. Ikue Ohtani was on maternity leave and Raiku borked his fap... I er mean, his drawing hand to the point where the manga went on a hiatus. That and I think the anime was mid arc when Raiku's hand was out of commission. I guess Toei felt like they needed to end it there. Still, it was flimsy as shit considering all the shit Toei did to it.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 05, 2014, 11:03:33 PM
^Ironically this reminds me of what became of Blue Exorcist and how Marquis now wants me to write an A-1 article.

A-1 is more of a mixed bag than always bad like Toei, at least from what I've seen of their stuff. I thought they did solid work on Magi, Silver Spoon, and Zveda Plot, for instance.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 05, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

A-1 is more of a mixed bag than always bad like Toei, at least from what I've seen of their stuff. I thought they did solid work on Magi, Silver Spoon, and Zveda Plot, for instance.
Yeah A-1's fine (and honestly I think Foggle's being a little oop when it comes to SAO's animation). Its just Fairy Tail that's ass.

AND NO I AM NOT DOING PIERROT!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 05, 2014, 11:19:02 PM

Yeah A-1's fine (and honestly I think Foggle's being a little oop when it comes to SAO's animation). Its just Fairy Tail that's ass.

What about Silver Link?

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 05, 2014, 11:25:49 PM

What about Silver Link?
They're just average.

...and Lerche is just Seiji Kishi.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 05, 2014, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 05, 2014, 11:25:49 PM

What about Silver Link?
They're just average.

...and Lerche is just Seiji Kishi.
Fine then, Zexcs.

gunswordfist

i remember how yu yu hakusho did episode recaps with completely different animation. the start of the 2nd episode of bui vs. hiei being the best episode. new anime can learn a thing or two from yyh.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Cool review! It seems this show had some potential, but ultimately all the separate elements didn't add up to a great experience overall. But it does seem like there's some good in there that makes it at least a decent lazy weekend marathon show. Since it's on Netflix, I might give it a look sometime when I'm not up for watching another show on my backlog.

Spark Of Spirit

I saw the ad for this on my Netflix account and just rolled my eyes. What you describe is pretty much what I expected it to be. Not to my taste.

Very good review.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I think Rac was way too hard on Kai in the Korra review. He doesn't remind me of Mako at all nor do I think he's annoying. I already mentioned which two characters he reminds me of, which is why he is probably my favorite new character in this book. Anyway, that reminds me how bland Mako is. He hasn't had any character development at all. The closest thing he got to that was when he become a cop, which is just a job and excuse for why he helps Korra (and for Book 2, Republic City) since he and Bolin did not have one at all in Book 1. They just helped because they knew Korra..and Pro Bender brings all people together. Yeah, that little speech Mako gave in Book 1 was just awful. Ah, anyway, Mako still never fusses up to anything he does wrong in relationships and is the exact same character he was in Book 1..who was already boring.

Also, Rac is right about Asami not getting much to do. It did look like she was going to get some good onscreen time throughout the entire season up until they got stranded in the desert but that all changed afterwards. I don't think she even got to pilot an airship thanks to the metal guards, which was her go to job in Book 2, so they kind of somehow made Asami take even more of a backseat during the last few episodes..I still have hope though. She did have a decent presence in the first 10 or so episodes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great write-up. I've been on the fence about checking this series out. It doesn't sound up my alley, but perhaps I'll give it a look, anyways, after I catch up with Archer.