Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

That actually read like he was having a meltdown while watching the show.

You okay, dude?  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Desensitized on July 02, 2011, 10:09:06 PM
That actually read like he was having a meltdown while watching the show.

You okay, dude?  ;)
Most of it was written during 2 sleep-deprived nights, so that probably explains some of my more vulgar moments in the piece.

Foggle

Nail-biting cliffhanger, dude. I'm sure you're waiting on bated breath for the next episode.

Foggle

Added a section to the features page for the Ludovico Trials.

Spark Of Spirit

Sweet, thanks for that!  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Maybe we should more variety in the titles for each. Like give the Top 65 something vivid and welcoming for its font, while title the Ludovico Trials in something hideous that gives off a "This is gonna suck, isn't it?" vibe.

Though what we have now's fine.

Foggle

I'm really bad at image editing. It would look even worse than it already does, probably. :shit:

Unless someone else wants to make the buttons for me. That'd be cool. :thumbup:

Avaitor

Let me introduce our first guest reviewer, as Kiddington takes on the live-action FOP movie.

And it's a good thing that I skipped this... :sly:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

**Standing Ovation**

Great job Kiddington. I have to commend you for not only being able to stoach sitting through that entire travesty but being able to brilliantly bash the hell out of it as well. Truly, your write-up is worthy of the highest form of commendation. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

I salute you for sitting through that thing.

That must have taken you awhile to write, good job!

Foggle

Good lord... that ending. My brain hurts just reading that shit.

Daxdiv

This is probably the best review for that thing I watched last night.

Kiddington

Thank you all for the compliments! It is much appreciated.  :)

Quote from: Desensitized on July 10, 2011, 08:03:37 PM
I salute you for sitting through that thing.

That must have taken you awhile to write, good job!
Heh... believe it or not, my original draft was even longer than the final product. I had more bits of the stomach-churning dialogue thrown in ("AVAST, YE SALTY PEANUTS!!!" from the opening act pirate battle being one of such lines), and the original was also more spoiler heavy. I cut it down a bit, mostly as a space-saving measure, as it was a pretty long review to begin with (and I didn't want you guys to get too bored with my first time out  :happytime:). I also decided to keep the ending in the dark, just in case anyone here actually wanted to see it for themselves, and didn't want the entire thing to be spoiled.

...anyway, that's that. As for any future articles are concerned, I'll basically review anything you guys don't want to bother with.  More often than not, that'll mean sitting through a lot of crap, but hey, I don't mind. To be honest, I like reviewing bad things; gives me a lot of material to work with. =P

Foggle

I'm curious as to what the ending is, but there's no way I'll ever watch even a minute of that crap.

Quote from: Kiddington on July 10, 2011, 08:50:19 PM
As for any future articles are concerned, I'll basically review anything you guys don't want to bother with.  More often than not, that'll mean sitting through a lot of crap, but hey, I don't mind. To be honest, I like reviewing bad things; gives me a lot of material to work with. =P
Why not write a second opinion on Umineko?

...I kid, I kid! I wouldn't be so cruel. I, too, like reviewing bad stuff. Gives you more room to make jokes. ;)

Eddy

Great review their, Kiddington!

I must have seen a cut down version of this movie or something. I don't remember seeing Vicky, Chester, AJ, or anyone besides the "important" characters to the plot at all during this movie. And I watched the entire thing. But I'm not complaining or anything, as it sounds like I got off easy.

Again, great job of reviewing that horrid piece of trash!