The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Got a copy of Bart Vs. The Space Mutants complete in box(this is my third copy of this fucking game).  The box isn't quite as mint as my Virtual Bart box, one of the corners is a bit worn, but it's still in good shape nonetheless for a 22 year old game.  It also has the manual and all the ads and such.

Also got Spot(AKA Cool Spot) for Game Boy and Lufia: The Legend Continues for Game Boy Color.  Oh, and a six button Genesis controller.  I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed it's rather difficult to find actual Sega controllers, either three button or six button.  Usually all I ever see is Super Pads and shit like that.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Man, Sega made some awesome controllers. I wasn't big on the Dreamcast's d-pad or lack of second analog stick at the time, but that thing grows on you. Say what you will of Sega, but their controllers are some of the best.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

http://andriasang.com/con02h/game_gear_3ds/

A date(March 14) and a sneak peek at Game Gear games on the 3DS Virtual Console.  Looks pretty sweet.

Rynnec

A certain cult PS1 fighting game was released on the Japanese PSN store recently

Hope this means a US release isn't too far off the mark. I've been meaning to play this title for quite some time. And I'd prefer to not pay $60 for it (much as I would like an authentic copy).

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thank you, Sega! It took you forever to finally do this, but you still got it on XBLA and all JSR fans are eternally grateful for it. I can't wait for it. Its my top priority XBLA game to get, now.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 23, 2012, 11:53:33 AM
Thank you, Sega! It took you forever to finally do this, but you still got it on XBLA and all JSR fans are eternally grateful for it. I can't wait for it. Its not my top priority XBLA game to get, now.

I'm just curious, basing on how you worded this. Did you mean to say "Its now my top priority XBLA game to get,"? :P

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on February 23, 2012, 04:30:14 AM
A certain cult PS1 fighting game was released on the Japanese PSN store recently

Hope this means a US release isn't too far off the mark. I've been meaning to play this title for quite some time. And I'd prefer to not pay $60 for it (much as I would like an authentic copy).
Man, Spark must be loving today.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 23, 2012, 11:14:53 AM
^To add to all that amazing news:

JET SET RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's pretty cool, it'll be convenient to play both on the same system.  But I still do want a DC.

Foggle

If you make an account at GOG, you get six free games! Not all of them are classics (I could do without Dragonsphere, Lure of the Temptress, and Teenagent), but the other three (Beneath a Steel Sky, Tyrian 2000, and Ultima 4) are amazing. They're all fairly old, so I don't see any reason as to why they wouldn't work on any of your computers. Give 'em a shot!

The site also hosts a shitton of great, classic PC games including Thief, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate, and Freespace. Every game on there is either $6 or $10 (except for The Witcher 2, which is 40) and completely DRM-free. Not all are guaranteed to work on Windows 7 or 64-bit machines, but most of them do and it'll tell you if they're possibly incompatible in case you're worried about that.

</viral marketing>

Kiddington

Spark Of Spirit

I got a good deal for two Wii point cards and scooped up a bunch of games. Sonic 1 and 2 Master System, Alex Kidd In Shinobi World, Super Turrican 2, Super Castlevania 4, and have enough left over for Double Dragon 2 when it finally hits and whatever else catches my eye.

I got all those games because I realized that the carts were not worth seeking out, and since they'll be carrying over to Wii U regardless it's much more convenient. VC games are always perfectly emulated, too.

Spark Of Spirit

Lets get scratchin!

The game is now in widescreen, and will hopefully be a perfect port. Rumors have it that next might be Sonic Adventure 2 then the Shenmue games.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 28, 2012, 06:57:53 PM
Rumors have it that next might be Sonic Adventure 2 then the Shenmue games.
All of my money. Day 1 every fucking time if Sega brings them all to Steam (highly likely).