The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on February 28, 2012, 07:21:55 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 28, 2012, 06:57:53 PM
Rumors have it that next might be Sonic Adventure 2 then the Shenmue games.
All of my money. Day 1 every fucking time if Sega brings them all to Steam (highly likely).
Pssst
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 28, 2012, 07:47:18 PM
Quote from: Foggle on February 28, 2012, 07:21:55 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 28, 2012, 06:57:53 PM
Rumors have it that next might be Sonic Adventure 2 then the Shenmue games.
All of my money. Day 1 every fucking time if Sega brings them all to Steam (highly likely).
Pssst
QuoteNew story elements will be added in the game. The original writer of Persona 2 will be writing the new scenarios.

Rynnec

http://kotaku.com/5889091/new-game-for-1991s-favorite-console-arriving-in-2013

I'm not sure whether to think if these guys are crazy awesome, or just plain crazy.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Damn....If this IS actually a serious attempt at making a good retro-game, then these guys are seriously dedicated to it. That said, they must know that the game will really only have a market among hardcore SNES collectors, since going by the pre-order limit they don't seem to be making a lot of copies (which kind of makes sense since the games just flat-out wouldn't sell beyond the crowd of really hardcore Nintendo fans, since most people, including myself, no longer own a working SNES console).

Commode

That's too bad about the 600 copies thing(I hope that's only an initial number, but taking the expense it must be to produce the game I'm feeling it's not), because I would love to check it out, but at that low of a number it seems unlikely I'd ever be able to.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

That is so awesome.

My SNES is very much alive and kicking, and if I could actually manage to scrape together the money needed for such a thing, I am so there. Hopefully by then, I'll actually have a job again.

Spark Of Spirit

Hey, they're still making Dreamcast, NES, and Genesis games, so why not? Too bad they sell out so fast.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 29, 2012, 06:30:18 PM
Hey, they're still making Dreamcast, NES, and Genesis games, so why not? Too bad they sell out so fast.
The hell?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

NES: Battle Kid
Genesis: Pier Solar
Dreamcast: GunLord

Look 'em up.  ;)

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 29, 2012, 07:39:06 PM
NES: Battle Kid
Genesis: Pier Solar
Dreamcast: GunLord

Look 'em up.  ;)
GunLord...that's ringing a bell.

Spark Of Spirit

So I went to pick up a used game today due to my free one and found they had a 3 for 1 deal going on. So I got R&CF:ToD, Quest For Booty, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition for the deal. It grabbed Umbrella Chronicles for my free game.

They did not have Crack In Time or Darkside Chronicles, so that's why those were purchased. Not that I can complain, I basically got 4 games for the price of one.

So basically four birds with one stone today.  ;D

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 06, 2012, 11:35:13 AM
So I went to pick up a used game today due to my free one and found they had a 3 for 1 deal going on. So I got R&CF:ToD, Quest For Booty, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition for the deal. It grabbed Umbrella Chronicles for my free game.

They did not have Crack In Time or Darkside Chronicles, so that's why those were purchased. Not that I can complain, I basically got 4 games for the price of one.

So basically four birds with one stone today.  ;D
Beautiful. I love it when stuff like that happens.

Spark Of Spirit

So the following games are being removed from the VC in Europe:

Quote-R-Type (TG16)
-Super R-Type (SNES)
-R-Type III: The Third Lightning (SNES)
-Vigilante (TG16)
-Ninja Spirit (TG16)
-Legend of Hero Tonma (TG16)
-Military Madness: Nectaris (WiiWare)
Does anybody know which of these are worth getting? I mean I have Ninja Spirit (HIGHLY recommended for Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden fans) which is great, but if these get removed from the NA one it would be a shame to miss out since... Well, TG16 emulators are hard to get working.

gunswordfist

Never heard of it. Recommend more games like it.

Spark Of Spirit

Like Ninja Spirit? Well there's Alex Kidd In Shinobi World, the Ninja Gaiden trilogy, the non-Shadow Dancer Shinobi games, and games like those. They're pretty hard to come by now.