The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I used my Nintendo coins to get Metroid 2 for the 3DS VC.

I actually had 400 Wii points sitting in my account for a couple years I haven't be able to do squat with so I decided I needed to get rid of them so I added 1000 points and bought two VC games I've never played before: Pulseman and StarTropics.

Avaitor

You know which game I feel like playing now? Jet Force Gemini.

I should try to find my old copy of it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's one of those games that I loved as a kid but am absolutely terrified to try again because I might find the it hasn't aged well at all. I mean, with most of these old games I am usually prepared for that kind of thing but I keep my expectations in check when I got back to them. In that regard, I went back to try stuff like Star Fox 64 and Sonic Adventure, and the former aged extremely well while the latter had some problems but I still found it to be a good game, or if I couldn't objectively call that then I still had fun with it, so I really don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says about it.

But with Jet Force Gemini, I looked up some gameplay videos not too long ago and it looks kind of bad, but it could be one of those games that is more fun to play than it is to watch. One day I will probably try it again, though, as I did love it as a kid, and I don't think I could see myself absolutely hating it, even if it did have a bad camera (as was the style of most old 3D games) and even more awkward controls.

Avaitor

Did you know that on his time off from County General Hospital, Dr. Mark Greene likes to go to his local arcade and play Killer Instinct?

Watching ER is fun. :D
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Club Nintendo rewards for this month. Nothing all too surprising.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GaryPotter

Quote from: Avaitor on June 22, 2013, 12:22:43 PM

If you like having someone vomit into your brain.

Avaitor

Quote from: GaryPotter on July 01, 2013, 01:46:00 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on June 22, 2013, 12:22:43 PM

If you like having someone vomit into your brain.
I haven't seen that one yet.

New blog!

GaryPotter

I really want a legitimate sequel to Super Mario RPG.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: GaryPotter on July 02, 2013, 05:33:51 PM
I really want a legitimate sequel to Super Mario RPG.
I always thought this would happen after Nintendo's recent outreach to third party companies like Sega, Tecmo, and Atlus.

An obvious Square collaboration would be a follow-up to that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

You really want Square going anywhere near a Mario RPG? As far as I'm concerned, they've only been good for publishing western games for years now.

talonmalon333

I was never the biggest fan of Super Mario RPG. I like most of the following Mario RPGs more.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 02, 2013, 05:52:54 PM
You really want Square going anywhere near a Mario RPG? As far as I'm concerned, they've only been good for publishing western games for years now.
Well, to get the rights for the characters and concepts, I mean. I'd rather just have AlphaDream develop the game since they are basically the old SMRPG team.

Rynnec

I was really disappointed that Geno and Mallow weren't in that Mario Basketball game on the 3DS.

Spark Of Spirit

Club Nintendo rewards are out now folks.

I grabbed myself a Majora's Mask soundtrack. (I'm really hoping they put out DKC1 and 2 soundtracks next year)

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 16, 2013, 06:43:12 PM
Club Nintendo rewards are out now folks.

I grabbed myself a Majora's Mask soundtrack. (I'm really hoping they put out DKC1 and 2 soundtracks next year)

Me too. As I said on the other forum, I already own the Japanese release, but hey, it's free.

The site says on my "to-do" list that I still need to pick a prize though. The heck? Thought we were only allowed one.