Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

It's interesting when Lupa mentions about how anyone who says anything is labeled a "troublemaker". If you read Lindsey's goodbye, she vaguely alludes to the incident, with something along the lines of "If anyone else is fired, that's their story to tell".

It's kind of a shame, really. I always figured everyone was getting a cut. I'll definitely keep up with some of these guys in the future, like Lindsey and Phelous, as I like their content. I do now kind of feel even less obligated to visit TGWTG/Channel Awesome than before, I must say.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on January 13, 2015, 05:18:26 PM
Oancitizen's out, too.

Notice how the site elaborates nothing as to their departures.

They've been Future Endeavored! It's like looking at people being released from the WWE or something. Though, it does make me wonder how long these people can stay afloat with Patreon and shit. I mean, you can't really expect to make a living as an internet reviewer for the rest of your life. That and I would assume that if you like a lot of people and you have limited funds, you will have to end up picking and choosing whom to give money to.

talonmalon333

http://channelawesome.com/a-parting-of-ways/

QuoteChannel Awesome would like to announce that Andrew Dickman, Kyle Kallgren (Oancitizen), Allison Pregler (Obscurus Lupa) and Phelan Porteus (Phelous) have parted ways with us. We wish them the best.

That's all they have to say on the matter. They could have at least said "Channel Awesome regrets to announce...".

EDIT:

Avaitor beat me to it. :P

Peanutbutter

Dang, pretty crazy that even Kyle is leaving. I don't know about Doug, but Mike Michaud sure sounds like he's gone crooked. It doesn't surprise me that much to hear this I'm sad to say. I mean, we're talking about the same site where they had a known jackass like Distressed Watcher/Amazing Atheist who lasted on the site for no less than like a year and a half despite utterly sucking and eventually hemorrhaging viewers for no other reason than one of the other producers was a fan/personal friend of his.

So yeah, there's a history of cliqueness there. I'll keep watching Doug, but I hope this is the end of all this drama for now.

LumRanmaYasha

Reading up on all this news has really made me consider to stop visiting the site altogether. I can always check out most of the stuff I like on there elsewhere anyways. I'm not sure if I even feel like watching the NC's stuff anymore, since Doug shares blame for a lot of this mismanagement as well. Things need to change with how Channel Awesome treats it's people stat.

Peanutbutter

Whatever part Doug has played, I don't think he was screwing people over. Not intentionally at least. Right now, I think Mike Michaud is the main problem. It'd be nice if CA fans banded together and got him to step down but I don't know how likely that is.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Peanutbutter on January 13, 2015, 06:36:19 PM
Dang, pretty crazy that even Kyle is leaving. I don't know about Doug, but Mike Michaud sure sounds like he's gone crooked. It doesn't surprise me that much to hear this I'm sad to say. I mean, we're talking about the same site where they had a known jackass like Distressed Watcher/Amazing Atheist who lasted on the site for no less than like a year and a half despite utterly sucking and eventually hemorrhaging viewers for no other reason than one of the other producers was a fan/personal friend of his.

So yeah, there's a history of cliqueness there. I'll keep watching Doug, but I hope this is the end of all this drama for now.

If Hope is to be believed, she said that Doug is quite the passive person and it's really Rob & Mike that are the more aggressive. This is taken from the Something Awful forums.

Peanutbutter

I wouldn't be surprised about Rob, because he has come across as a douche plenty of times before. The way I hear it, he apparently couldn't take any criticism of Kickassia. I doubt very seriously Doug would actively screw anyone over, which is I don't plan on boycotting him or Channel Awesome. I'm sure not going to blame anyone who does though.

Avaitor

I'm at least going to skip Matrix month, since I wasn't interested to begin with.

Doug really should have known better, though. Yeesh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

One wonders how long Linkara's got when Michaud finds out Lovhaug has just been using TGWTG as a glorified video mirror for a year.

Avaitor

Linkara kind of makes it seem like that's not an issue. Which isn't surprising, since he's always been one of the biggest acts on the site.

And when confronted, Doug proves to be passive.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2015, 09:37:02 AM
Linkara kind of makes it seem like that's not an issue. Which isn't surprising, since he's always been one of the biggest acts on the site.

And when confronted, Doug proves to be passive.

Well, I can understand Doug not wanting to get into any drama on his Facebook about it because that's really not the right place for it. But he or Rob are going to have to say something to address all this, because more and more fans will find out about this and they're just going to get angry at them.

Avaitor

Oancitizen's response to his departure.

It seems like the issues other producers are having with the Walkers and Mike Michaud isn't the same as the Chez Apocalypse people. I wonder if Todd's going to leave soon, as well.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Commode

I like Shake it Off despite it's dumb lyrics, and I like Ariana Grande(though I guess she's technically not on the list... yet), but everything else is spot on.  Another year of insufferable country music, and I've never heard the Five Seconds of Summer song, but that comparison to Simple Plan was more than apt.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.