Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Comic Books

Started by gunswordfist, August 11, 2012, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Jack Kirby should be considered one of the top 10 best comic book creators of all time just because of New Gods. If that's not enough then him co-creating Captain America should cement that. This is really about Kirby not getting enough credit as a creator. I've seen people laugh that idea off and just consider him that Spider-Man artist. And NO, this has nothing to do with controversy.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Well, he is. Nearly every comic writer worth his shit knows about Kirby, and it's hard to find someone in an English-speaking country that hasn't heard of one of his characters. Problem is, they're under the idea that they're Stan Lee's.

Silverstar

*takes deep breath*

Spider-Man, Batman and Wolverine are probably the most overrated superheroes of all time. They're all good, but are they really so much cooler than all of the other superheroes out there?

I like Ms. Marvel, but If Ms. Marvel gets to appear in a big budget movie before Wonder Woman, then there's something seriously wrong with the world.

I think the Fantastic Four are cooler than Batman. Don't laugh. Yeah, they're goofy and silly, Reed Richards is kind of a douche, and it's stupid how with all the super-science and technology the team has at their disposal, not to mention how they regularly interact with gods, aliens, wizards and whatnot, there still isn't anybody who can figure out a way to permanently change the Thing back into Ben Grimm, but I just find their stories more interesting.

Batman to me is the most interesting when he's teamed up with another DC hero. Alone and in his own mythos I find him kind of dull.

Everything Linkara said about One More Day hit the nail right on the head.

I hate secret identities. There I said it. Usually whenever I say that, I get a lecture about how necessary SIs are, how these heroes need to keep their loved ones safe and blah blah blah, I understand that and I'm not debating that, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. I've never liked secrets in fiction; I can't stand characters who have/own/can do something really cool, but have to keep it a secret from everybody and spend half their time making lame excuses and trying to cover their tracks; it always reminds me of those cheesy 60's sitcoms like Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. My favorite heroes were always the ones like Iron Man, the Fantastic Four or even the Powerpuff Girls who live off their celebrity status and don't bother with secret identities.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 24, 2012, 10:02:50 AMProblem is, they're under the idea that they're Stan Lee's.
Dammit, I said no controversy :burn:

Dr. Insomniac

I personally think that Warren Ellis wrote the best iteration of the Fantastic Four... even though it wasn't in a Marvel book.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 24, 2012, 11:09:38 AM
I personally think that Warren Ellis wrote the best iteration of the Fantastic Four... even though it wasn't in a Marvel book.
The Four or Planetary?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on September 24, 2012, 11:17:49 AM
The Four or Planetary?
Yes.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 24, 2012, 11:18:35 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on September 24, 2012, 11:17:49 AM
The Four or Planetary?
Yes.
I meant which team.

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Some have said that The Incredibles is the best possible Fantastic Four movie that could ever have been made.

Whoever said that was correct.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If that's seriously the best possible version of the Fantastic Four, then I can safely say that I flat-out don't like the FF. :D

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on September 24, 2012, 12:23:18 PM
Some have said that The Incredibles is the best possible Fantastic Four movie that could ever have been made.

Whoever said that was correct.
I thought you and Foggle thought it was boring.