King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Season 7 as a whole is a step down from season 6 and not as good as season 8.

There are too many "wacky situations" instead of plots.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

I don't mind the "wacky situations" just as long as they're funny. See; Dale, Bill, and Boomhauer's flying chair in "The Miseducation of Bobby Hill".

This one, though... this was just weird. Hank's mancrush on Bill during the flashback sequences was just way too out of character, and the plot itself really didn't do it for me. It's a pretty weak episode as a whole.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, that's what I mean. The plot seems constructed for the sole purpose of those sorts of jokes instead of any real conflict. At least the flying chair was a sub-plot and not the main story.

But yeah, I agree that the episode isn't all too great, but I think the same for most of season 7. It's kind of shaky.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

#10 made me laugh (#16 even funnier) and it shows just how serious the staff was with the show.

But that's cool to see, it help explains why the direction was so good.

Daxdiv

I love seeing tools like this guideline being used and implemented into the show. I will admit that I never realized half of this stuff, but the stuff that I did recognize holds true. Kind of makes me wonder what other guidelines other shows have for the animation team.

Avaitor

Reading the list again, one rule I can see that they became more lenient on as the show went along was #6. Bobby started becoming increasingly giddy and energetic the longer the show went on, so the earlier, deadpan Bobby started becoming a little out-of date.

Of course #23 has been broken a couple of times, as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Blank-faced Bobby also started becoming very one-note after a few seasons. Once he got a proper dynamic with Joseph it became entirely useless.

Eddy

"I like Jeff Gordon. He's handsome. :)"
"Uh, heh, Bobby, you keep saying things like that and people are gonna think you're not right."

Nel_Annette

The haircut episode. So much win every time.

"I can't do that! I don't have my stapler!"

"...and how the hell would you know I'm not a good barber?! ...I'm sorry Hank, but when I come here and see a phonebook in front of you it's like you're calling me AN IDIOT!!!"

"Who here knows how to cut hair?"
"Don't answer. It's a trap."

"You eliminated Bill! Billiminator!"

Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

Spark Of Spirit

"Well it was on TV. You didn't hear about the highspeed chase?"

KOTH <3

Avaitor

This should become a thing.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Nel_Annette

"Why does everything I love run away from me?"
"Because you have to pet everything like an idiot!"

Avaitor

New blog!