Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Movies

Started by GregX, February 03, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Ledger was my favorite villain in the trilogy. But I think Michael Caine gave the best performance in the entire trilogy, particularly in TDKR.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 02, 2013, 05:37:54 PM
Ledger was my favorite villain in the trilogy. But I think Michael Caine gave the best performance in the entire trilogy, particularly in TDKR.
Yeah, he was great there, can't argue with that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on June 02, 2013, 05:35:40 PM
I still say that Aaron Eckhart was better than Ledger, personally.

This I 50% agree with. I know that sounds strange as hell, but I can't really explain it any better.

I suppose I could say that I found Eckhart to have a better stage presence than Ledger, in that I think his scenes were generally more impactful, but at the same time he was really pushed to the side as Two-Face and really didn't get nearly enough screen-time to show off his vilainous side, IMO, so in that regard I still found The Joker to be the more effective villain of the movie, but I can certainly see where you're coming from in preferring Two-Face.

Avaitor

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 02, 2013, 05:52:14 PM

This I 50% agree with. I know that sounds strange as hell, but I can't really explain it any better.

I suppose I could say that I found Eckhart to have a better stage presence than Ledger, in that I think his scenes were generally more impactful, but at the same time he was really pushed to the side as Two-Face and really didn't get nearly enough screen-time to show off his vilainous side, IMO, so in that regard I still found The Joker to be the more effective villain of the movie, but I can certainly see where you're coming from in preferring Two-Face.
Pretty legit. I actually think I agree with you.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

And you also said TDK Two-Face was better than BTAS Two-Face. Go play in traffic.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Choke is fucking awful, only worth seeing to see that Community chick topless.

Avaitor

Huh, didn't know that Coulson made movies.

New blog!

talonmalon333

How popular/unpopular an opinion would it be for me to say I actually liked the LotR movies more than the books?

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 03, 2013, 11:59:56 AM
How popular/unpopular an opinion would it be for me to say I actually liked the LotR movies more than the books?
Why do you always have to ask stuff like this?

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on June 03, 2013, 12:11:53 PM

So I can know when to call it one of my popular or unpopular opinions. >_<

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 03, 2013, 12:13:39 PM

Well, I don't think it's THAT much of an unpopular opinion, at least not on here at least, since I know that a few people agree with you.

Except for Chalmey. He just doesn't like LOTR. :P

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like the books more than the movies, myself, but I think the movies are also probably the best possible adaptation you can make of the books to begin with. If it played things far too close to the source material, a lot of it wouldn't translate well into film, so the adaptation was made perfectly in terms of fitting an epic story into 3 sizable length films, without making the pacing feel too fast or too slow, and that's pretty much all I ever could have hoped for to begin with.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on June 03, 2013, 01:03:29 PM

Well, I don't think it's THAT much of an unpopular opinion, at least not on here at least, since I know that a few people agree with you.

Didn't you previously state that you don't plan on seeing the trilogy?

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 03, 2013, 06:02:05 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on June 03, 2013, 01:03:29 PM

Didn't you previously state that you don't plan on seeing the trilogy?
Yep. As far as I'm concerned, the books are enough of an experience for me.

New blog!