Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Movies

Started by GregX, February 03, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Chinese Connection is better than Enter The Dragon. I love ETD but you can't beat Bruce Lee killing samurais.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

No-Personality

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 02, 2013, 02:45:35 PMI think the only reason that people don't go hard on the problems with BB is because it was the first Batman movie in the trilogy and it had come after a long period of no Batman films, not to mention how notoriously bad the last Batman film was before it.
Batman & Robin was no worse than Forever. The Schumacher films are married in awfulness.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

talonmalon333

Quote from: No-Personality on June 07, 2013, 06:41:21 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 02, 2013, 02:45:35 PMI think the only reason that people don't go hard on the problems with BB is because it was the first Batman movie in the trilogy and it had come after a long period of no Batman films, not to mention how notoriously bad the last Batman film was before it.
Batman & Robin was no worse than Forever. The Schumacher films are married in awfulness.

I don't see how Forever is bad at all. I mean it's a sellout, silly, and overall really bland. But I just don't think anything about it screams "awful". Truthfully, it's probably one of Schumacher's better movies, not like that's saying much though.

As for Batman Begins, I still think it was much better than any Batman movie before it.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 08, 2013, 01:54:41 AM
Quote from: No-Personality on June 07, 2013, 06:41:21 PM

I don't see how Forever is bad at all. I mean it's a sellout, silly, and overall really bland. But I just don't think anything about it screams "awful". Truthfully, it's probably one of Schumacher's better movies, not like that's saying much though.

As for Batman Begins, I still think it was much better than any Batman movie before it.

talonmalon333

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 08, 2013, 01:59:12 AM
What part is that in response to?
QuoteI still think it was much better than any Batman movie before it.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 08, 2013, 02:01:43 AM

I don't think they were that great. I mean Burton's Joker, Penguin, and Catwoman were fun villains. But just I don't think those movies had particularly great stories, action, or supporting characters.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 08, 2013, 02:09:09 AM

I don't think they were that great. I mean Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, and Michelle Pfeiffer played fun villains. But just I don't think those movies had particularly great stories, action, or supporting characters.
>>Missing that I posted a screencap of Mask of the Phantasm.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 08, 2013, 02:09:58 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 08, 2013, 02:09:09 AM

I don't think they were that great. I mean Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, and Michelle Pfeiffer played fun villains. But just I don't think those movies had particularly great stories, action, or supporting characters.
>>Missing that I posted a screencap of Mask of the Phantasm.

Oops. Sorry, I forgot animated Batman movies. :sweat:

But yeah, Mask of the Phantasm was really awesome.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like Burton's Batman more than Batman Begins. Also, Michael Keaton is a better Batman than Christian Bale.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 08, 2013, 02:19:50 AM
I like Burton's Batman more than Batman Begins. Also, Michael Keaton is a better Batman than Christian Bale.
I think Bale does a better Bruce Wayne, but Keaton does a better Batman.
Of course, they both pale in comparison to the greatness of Adam West... :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on June 08, 2013, 02:22:09 AM

I agree with that assessment, actually. I have no problem with Bale's Wayne. Its just way too hard to take him seriously as Batman. Meanwhile Keaton makes a convincing Batman but doesn't quite fit in character with the Bruce Wayne that I've come to know. And Adam West is just flat-out more entertaining to watch as Batman. With the other Batman films, I always felt that the villains and supporting characters were more interesting than Batman himself.

Lord Il

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 08, 2013, 02:35:32 AM
Quote from: Foggle on June 08, 2013, 02:22:09 AM

I agree with that assessment, actually. I have no problem with Bale's Wayne. Its just way too hard to take him seriously as Batman. Meanwhile Keaton makes a convincing Batman but doesn't quite fit in character with the Bruce Wayne that I've come to know. And Adam West is just flat-out more entertaining to watch as Batman. With the other Batman films, I always felt that the villains and supporting characters were more interesting than Batman himself.
Probably one of the most accurate of assessments I've ever heard about Batman on film.

Been watching the old Adam West Batman series lately. Damn, as campy as it is, it certainly is fun to watch. The set designs can be somewhat goofy-looking, but they really did put some thought into it. Even for the 60's, this show was never meant to be taken 100% seriously and should be treated as such.

talonmalon333

While Bale's Batman voice is, obviously, pretty questionable, I was very interested in the Batman character in that movie. I know some people weren't, but I was a fan of the movie going into his character and backstory. In the old Batman movies, he always felt like he was just "kinda there" to me, and those movies mostly just had fun with their villains. Christopher Nolan did a pretty good job at making Bruce Wayne a character and not just Batman's alter ego.

Foggle

The Adam West Batman show is one of the funniest and most inventive sitcoms of all time. And as a kid, I thought it was completely serious. Good memories made even better as I age!

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 08, 2013, 11:48:03 AM
While Bale's Batman voice is, obviously, pretty questionable, I was very interested in the Batman character in that movie. I know some people weren't, but I was a fan of the movie going into his character and backstory. In the old Batman movies, he always felt like he was just "kinda there" to me, and those movies mostly just had fun with their villains. Christopher Nolan did a pretty good job at making Bruce Wayne a character and not just Batman's alter ego.
I was also interested in Batman in the Nolan films, but I think that's only because I was already a big fan of the character. Though I thought Bale did a pretty excellent job in TDKR.