Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Movies

Started by GregX, February 03, 2013, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Joker dancing to Prince easily trumps that Peter Parker scene.

Also, this is the true greatest scene in all of comic book movies: http://youtu.be/spiVBQisujo

talonmalon333

The version of that scene in the Halle Berry Catwoman is better. CGI cats are the way to go.

Nel_Annette

I've completely forgotten that The Wolverine even existed. I still want to see the post-Last Stand movies, but that one was so horrid it burned me out. I've seen enough of the first Wolverine movie to know that I don't want to see it in full.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, let me get this straight: Out of all of the post Last Stand movies, you only decided to watch the two solo Wolverine films and not the far better received First Class or DOFP? :whuh:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 03, 2015, 10:32:53 PM
So, let me get this straight: Out of all of the post last-stand movies, you only decided to watch the two solo Wolverine films and not the far better received First Class or DOFP? :whuh:

What? No. I've seen the first three X-Men movies, bits and pieces of Wolverine: Origins on FX airings. I just meant that I completely forgot that The Wolverine was even something that came out; I've never seen it. I just tend to think of First Class and DOFP whenever I think of X-Men movies I haven't watched.

Spark Of Spirit

This conversation has me excited for the next (and possibly last?) X-Men movie from Bryan Singer. DOFP was easily one of the best superhero movies ever and my favorite X-Men movie.

I do hope they can bring Nightcrawler and Gambit into it, though. They were the only X-Men I really missed from DOFP.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I will be particularly interested to see Sansa Stark as Jean Grey.

Avaitor

I'm not an Apocalypse fan, but Bryan Singer has done more right than wrong with the characters, so I'm down.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I'm excited to hear that they are finally using the character. About damn time.

Spark Of Spirit

The question I'm more interested in is who they're going to use for his Four Horsemen.

There are a lot of good potential choices, and good ways to include various X-Men characters that haven't really had a chance to have a role yet.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I recently re-watched both Gremlins movies. While the original is a classic, I have to admit that it hasn't aged as perfectly as some other 80's classics. The human characters aren't really interesting, and while I enjoy the Gremlins themselves, a lot of the comedy falls a bit flat for me due to being a bit too predictable. I still really enjoy the movie despite that, but just don't love it as much as when I was younger.

Meanwhile, the sequel is one of the most underrated movies that I've ever seen. It's incredibly creative and hilarious, has even better social commentary/satire than the original movie, and is completely unconventional in execution. It doesn't cheaply rehash the first film, but instead goes balls-to-the-walls over the top in the best ways possible.

It actually even did fairly well with critics. It's the common movie-going audience that just didn't seem to get it. Personally, I think that it's a superior sequel, and consider it quite sad that the movie flopped despite how good it was.

Spark Of Spirit

Gremlins 2 was like live action Looney Tunes and a parody of the original movie at the same time. It always floored me that it wasn't as loved as the first one since I think it's easily as good.