Most Anticipated Video Games

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So Leisure Suit Larry is getting remade with the original creator, Al Lowe, on board.

I'm not sure if any of you guys knew this already, or even care about the series, but as someone who somehow managed to play some LSL as a kid on my friends computer (it involved a lot of sneaking), I'm pretty excited.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

The only original LSL game I've played was the one where he was on the ship and it was a fun experience overall. I did like the humor in the game and with Al Lowe involved, maybe we'll get less of an American Pie rip off or whatever Box Office Bust was. Seriously, I have no idea why I bothered with BOB at all, I rather play Sonic Next Gen over it. That's how bad the recent game was.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Preordered Grand Knights History at Game Play today. XSEED deserves full price for being brave enough to release a vanillaware multiplayer RPG on a dead system.

GaryPotter

I feel bad about the PSP. It had so much promise but never lived up to it.

Anyway, I'm pissed that the states will probably never see Tales of Xillia. Instead we get Graces F, which is just a souped-up Wii game.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Devil May Cry HD Collection has been officially confirmed by Capcom. So, since my brother keeps his PS2 with him in California, the only chance I'll get to own these games is if I get them for the XBOX360, and to be honest I may just take up that offer (though I'd rather them take out DMC2 from the package and lower the price by $10, as I'd be happy with 1 and 3 whereas I'm just likely sto completely skip over 2). I have played significant chunks of 1 and 3 before, but if I have the chance to own them I'll also have the chance to finally beat them, which I've been wanting to do for a long time, now. Its also schedules to release not too far off from when NG3 is supposed to be releasing, so at the very least it'll help fill in my satisfaction for good hack n' slash gameplay that NG3 will no doubt leave me to desire (I fully expect it to be an utter disappointment now, as I've lost almost all faith in the current state of Team Ninja).

Oh yeah, speaking of finally beating games, I should get Bayonetta one of these days as I have yet to beat that game, either. I may specifically hold off on it until after I play the older DMC games, though (or at least DMC1), just to clearly see the quantity and quality of improvements that Kamiya brought to the gameplay formula that he created about a decade ago.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 18, 2011, 10:04:13 PM
Devil May Cry HD Collection has been officially confirmed by Capcom. So, since my brother keeps his PS2 with him in California, the only chance I'll get to own these games is if I get them for the XBOX360, and to be honest I may just take up that offer (though I'd rather them take out DMC2 from the package and lower the price by $10, as I'd be happy with 1 and 3 whereas I'm just likely sto completely skip over 2). I have played significant chunks of 1 and 3 before, but if I have the chance to own them I'll also have the chance to finally beat them, which I've been wanting to do for a long time, now. Its also schedules to release not too far off from when NG3 is supposed to be releasing, so at the very least it'll help fill in my satisfaction for good hack n' slash gameplay that NG3 will no doubt leave me to desire (I fully expect it to be an utter disappointment now, as I've lost almost all faith in the current state of Team Ninja).

Oh yeah, speaking of finally beating games, I should get Bayonetta one of these days as I have yet to beat that game, either. I may specifically hold off on it until after I play the older DMC games, though (or at least DMC1), just to clearly see the quantity and quality of improvements that Kamiya brought to the gameplay formula that he created about a decade ago.
;D I've been wanting this. I'll even give DMC2 another try. It's not a bad game, just a bad DMC game.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 18, 2011, 10:04:13 PM

;D I've been wanting this. I'll even give DMC2 another try. It's not a bad game, just a bad DMC game.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Anyone else tried the Saints Row 3 Initiation Station yet? I've made some pretty cool/funny characters with it. ;D

Get your codes here (possibly US only):
PC
PS3

Once you finish your character, you can upload it to the Saints Row website so you can redownload it later to use in the actual game. You can make 'em private if you want, but if you add them to the public gallery, then anyone can use your character in the game.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Since this is a pure rumor, let me just post this here.

Choice quotes:

QuoteBut TSSZ has learned through a source that development is already well underway on Sonic's next adventure tailored to Nintendo's next console–and it's not a Generations port.

QuoteTSSZ has learned Sonic Dimensions, a working title for the next Sonic, will take place directly after Generations and be a spiritual successor to Sonic Colors.  We don't know if this game will necessarily be exclusive to the Wii U, but we're told it will have visual quality in line with Generations and it will take advantage of many Wii U specific capabilities.

QuoteTSSZ has learned Dimensions's storyline will center around another time-space continuum shift at the hands of Eggman that not only alters Sonic's world, but himself.  Sonic will allegedly split into multiple personalities denoted by color–each of which having their own unique abilities.

QuoteThe source alleges only two of the personalities can be used in-stage, but all may be able to combine and act as an equivalent Super Guide.  The White Sonic allegedly pops up as an option after dying in a stage a certain number of times.  Using it guarantees the lowest rank at the end.

QuoteIf that sounds a lot like a Nintendo idea, that's because it is, and no wonder; we've learned Sega is allegedly working directly with some Nintendo developers on this gameThat's in addition to most of, if not the entire staff for Sonic Colors being back on board for Dimensions.  The Nintendo developers are allegedly assisting Sega design the levels, which we're told will be more surreal, on similar thinking as Colors.
^THIS QUOTE! Nintendo getting familiar with Sonic gameplay could finally lead to what we've all wanted since the 16 bit wars.

QuoteThe final item of note from our source is yet another assurance that we will see some 2D gameplay within, and those mechanics will be "directly ripped" from the classic Sonic physics, though we've heard that line for a while.

QuoteRemember: When we learned about Sonic Generations in 2010, six months before its formal unveiling, it was known as just Sonic Anniversary with only a few details clear as well.  This is something we will have to watch over time; do not expect instant gratification.  Nevertheless, we will pass along anything more that we hear.

Now there's a good chance this is hogwash, but after Generations I find a lot of this plausible. While it is a shame the Wii-U might not get its own version of Generations, IMO a full fledged Colors sequel co-developed by freaking Nintendo would be a system seller to me without question.

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

To be honest, I'm kind of against game companies or developers trying to directly attack other games by negatively reinforcing their titles while promoting their own. I kind of believe that truly great games should stand on their own merits and simply advertise why they are so good. That said, I do understand that in today's societal mind-set, what THQ/Volition is doing here makes sense and in this case I don't blame them for doing it, since just the news of a game as big as GTA5 cam severely hurt their sales by completely overshadowing the release of Saints Row: The Third. I just feel that its a pity that talented developers like this have to resort to tactics like this, since they are really above that sort of stuff. Its more of a problem with general consumers more than anything else, I think. While Saints Row 3 looks great, most people I know just wouldn't get it with its over-the-top nature and purposely insane premise, whereas many people would look at the GTA series like its some prestigious and sophisticated masterpiece that's above every other sandbox game (and while the latter is purely based on one's own personal opinion; I can definitely tell you that its not a "sophisticated" game in any regard, or at least not more so than any other great sandbox games in terms of gameplay offerings), and when it releases its sales would be off the charts because of such mind-sets.

As for me, while I'm not really into the whole sandbox game thing, if I were to pick one up, Saints Row 3 is the one that would interest me the most, as it doesn't take itself seriously and is so ludicrous that it might actually be fun to wander around aimlessly in this sort of game rather than in GTA. Plus, when comparing this game to GTA5, I can say one thing for sure: GTA5 may have a lot of things going for it, but it sure as hell doesn't feature Itagaki as a playable character, and that alone gives SR3 about a hundred times more appeal and value in my book. ;)

Foggle

I just saw it as a kind of over the top jokey marketing strategy mirroring the style of the game itself. It's more of a "LOOK AT US, LOOK AT US!" kinda' thing than EA's "Call of Duty fucking sucks, buy Battlefield instead" campaign.

Foggle