DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Well, Golden Glider will play a part in them getting them back I imagine. Is it wrong that I'm hoping Heat Wave gets a better supervillain outfit? Cold's parka is perfectly fine, but that outfit Heat Wave had just looks off. There's a small resemblance to his comic costume I guess, I just think they could put him in something that would look better.

gunswordfist

hmm, merlyn and brick are in the show? green arrow probably has my 3rd favorite rogue gallery out of every justice leaguer and my interest in seeing them in live action is growing. i might start the show when i get my internet.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 05, 2015, 06:20:36 PM
hmm, merlyn and brick are in the show? green arrow probably has my 3rd favorite rogue gallery out of every justice leaguer and my interest in seeing them in live action is growing. i might start the show when i get my internet.
Dude, Slade and Ras are even in the show.  8-)

You've been missing out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

that's right, the demon's head is in the show now. i heard about wilson being in it from the beginning. he's of course my favorite ga villain. top 5 or 3 in all of dc.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As someone who never read any DC comics aside from some Superman stories, my only exposure to Slade/Deathstroke prior to this show was from Teen Titans and some DTV DCAU movies. I never got why so many people seemed to love that character until I saw him in this show and became a fan. Now I legitimately want to read comic book story-lines prominently featuring the character, just because the show made me a fan.

Spark Of Spirit

Arrow does characters from the comics justice, definitely more than any other live action superhero show before it. For instance, I've never really liked Oliver Queen much until Stephen Amell's portrayal of the character. I liked him in Justice League Unlimited and TB&TB, but he wasn't the same as the comic book version in a lot of ways. In Arrow, they sharpened the character enough that I can hardly imagine Green Arrow in a different way than in this show.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on February 05, 2015, 06:32:30 PMAs someone who never read any DC comics aside from some Superman stories, my only exposure to Slade/Deathstroke prior to this show was from Teen Titans and some DTV DCAU movies. I never got why so many people seemed to love that character until I saw him in this show and became a fan. Now I legitimately want to read comic book story-lines prominently featuring the character, just because the show made me a fan.
I KEEP MY PROMISES.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

read deathstroke full cycle. it shows slade with a code of honor despite being a mercenary/assassin.

i actually thought teen titans animated slade was alright but nothing special. years later, wilson's infamous fight against the justice league in the identity crisis comic caught my attention so i checked out full cycle and became a fan. i have mostly just seen him in a few post-2000 green arrow comics since then. i haven't seen his young justice episodes yet.

gunswordfist

whoa, he's like comic book oliver? this is sounding too good..i think btbatb and jlu green arrow are okay but all of the versions i am a true fan of are in the comics. even hal has an animated version that i am a fan of but not queen.

Spark Of Spirit

He's a take-no-prisoners assertive hero who isn't an egotistical blowhard. Basically, the better parts of Oliver Queen.

I liked in TB&TB that they played off of his arrogance for comedy, but in a serious setting he gets old fast.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Good episode of The Flash this week. It was nice to finally see a change of pace from the usual formula. It looks like the Firestorm arc will still be continuing, though, and I'm fine with that, because itd be pretty weak writing to resolve the problem so easily.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, he'll be back. I'm just wondering how they'll end up handling him. Will they flip it to need both Dr. Stein and Ronnie to turn into Firestorm together instead of having them the way they currently are? You know, make it so that they need to both combine to be a superhero like in TB&TB? That would be interesting.

Avaitor

I'm just now getting to this week's Flash, and it's already off to a good start by using "Uptown Funk" as an opener.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Looks like next week's Arrow will have a Slade appearance. :joy:

gunswordfist

GregX