Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm playing it on the XBOX360, since I don't own a PS3 and my PC isn't good enough to run any games from the last 10 years or so.

gunswordfist

That reminds me, I've been wanting to play Tekken. Is TTT2 the only good game in the series on the 360?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 18, 2013, 02:59:38 PM
That reminds me, I've been wanting to play Tekken. Is TTT2 the only good game in the series on the 360?
As far as I know. Really, the only great ones are Tekken 3, Tag, and Tag 2 IMO, but they're easily my favorite fighting games ever.

Micki!

So, skullgirls is coming for the pc in not so long, looking forward to try it..! :SHOCK:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

gunswordfist

I am always late on fighting game info. I didn't know Andy was Terry Bogard's brother until a few months ago and I just found out that Cody is the guy from Final Fight.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

So Guilty Gear Xrd's site updated with new (returning) characters. It's also having its first loketest, the general impressions ]:

QuoteOk guys. I'm on the train back to my city. I had a great time playing Xrd and just want to make sure that everyone knows you can trust me when I say we have nothing to worry about. The game is on good hands and the bottom line is this IS Guilty Gear! It feels true to the XX games while making things feel fresh and familiar at the same time. It lowers barriers to entry without taking away the complexity that veterans appreciate. Of course this is not even close to the final version but I'm sure based on all the feedback they are getting from surveys that any tweaks will be for the better. All the Tokyo area top players and regulars I fight were there so everyone will be giving smart and constructive feedback. So, today is a good day to be a GG player.

Nice to hear that it plays like GG should, but I really need to see the game in motion myself.

Grave

Sounds good so far. I know I have been hearing that GGxrd is a bit like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I know some are/were worried about that, but I'd personally have to see that for myself. Especially considering that one's a team based game while the other is 1v1. So I've been having a hard time imagining this game being like Marvel, unless people are comparing the pace of the game? Anyway, I'm anticipating Johnny's return. You can't have May without Johnny (I think they were a team or a group if I recall)

Rynnec

Hopefully they're talking about the pacing. I don't wanna deal with 30-second combo's that take away 80% of your health bar.

QuoteAnyway, I'm anticipating Johnny's return. You can't have May without Johnny (I think they were a team or a group if I recall)

Yep. They're both members of the Jellyfish Pirates along with Dizzy, with Johnny as the Captain. The only game that didn't have both characters playable is the very first Guilty Gear.

Other than Johnny, Baiken and Slayer are the ones I want to see return the most. I'm also hoping for Raven to be playable, and hopefully have his appearance and moveset from Overture.

Grave

I've played a little bit of Overture, but not much of it so I don't know who Raven is.

As for other characters, Testament and Baiken are some I'm looking forward to as well.

Rynnec

Not sure if you've dabbled in AC+'s story mode, but Raven also appears sporadically in their (I believe he's only in I-No's). He's been around since GGX, but he only really showed up in supplementary material and as an NPC until Overture. His look in Overture is a bit different than his previous appearance.

For other characters, I'm hoping they find a way to add-in Order Sol's playstyle, even if the character himself more than likely won't be in (though it's possible he could be an alternate costume option for present Sol). Likewise for Kliff and Justice.

Rynnec

Chaos Code is coming to North America.

Haven't really payed much attention to this game, but it's still pretty sweet we're getting it, anime-style fighters that aren't Guilty Gear or BlazBlue rarely get localized. The game itself is pretty cool from the video's I just watched.

Grave

Sweet, never would've thought that CC was gonna come to the states.

Now I'm hoping Yatagarasu gets a console release.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Still waiting for Aquapazzo though. I heard its not really that good, but who would pass up the chance to play as Kurisu?

Rynnec

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 16, 2013, 01:41:34 AM
Still waiting for Aquapazzo though. I heard its not really that good, but who would pass up the chance to play as Kurisu?

Your wish has been granted.

Spoiler
Still waiting for Melty Blood and Under Night
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm surprised that Melty Blood still hasn't been licensed yet and distributed online (via PSN, XBLA, Steam, etc.) given that game's reputation and strong following from Western fighting game fans. I would think something like that would've happened years ago.