Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Blue Exorcist aired at 1:30 from 2/22/14 to 4/26/14 before finishing its run at 2 AM.

Daikun

Avaitor

Yep, the same night FLCL season 2 starts.

I'm surprised to see Lupin repeat. The show did not seem to do well enough to justify reruns.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

I'm quoting this from a recent Toon Zone post:

QuoteThe Toonami Faithful Podcast released an interview with Jason DeMarco today. A summary/important bits:

-The network is not at all worried about Toonami's ratings. The drop is at the level that they expected, considering the large audience shifting away from cable. The only way things could change if there was a significant drop and "their competitors" started beating them. The AT&T merger might change things a bit by helping the block focus/target digital content better.
-DeMarco boasted that they still do better than previously mentioned competitors on Saturday nights, though he didn't specifically name any.
-They're looking into rerunning Kai since it's a show that works/gets ratings consistently, but nothing has been confirmed. It's apparently a highly debated topic at the network.
-There have been rumors that season 2 of ThunderCats was planned to air on Toonami before being completely scrapped. This isn't true. The network was hesitant to even originally let Toonami have ThunderCats.
-There should be announcements at MomoCon. "Nothing's set in stone yet."
-Toonami is currently in active development on "two or three" different series; an American show and a couple anime. Jason has high hopes for the Scavengers pilot that's currently in development.
-The American show is not Sym-Bionic Titan. :(

Peanutbutter

Some decently good news there at least. Sym-Bionic Titan got a tax-write off along with Megas XLR which is basically the final nail in the coffin for network cartoons. Sad that they're permanently gone with no chance at revival, but whatever Toonami is working on will hopefully do a lot better than both of them did. 

Lord Dalek

Avaitor

So this isn't just crazy speculation anymore. Okay.

I may check it out of curiosity, but I'll admit that I've skipped the show beforehand because it looks like another dumb meme to me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Avaitor on June 15, 2018, 02:54:02 PM
So this isn't just crazy speculation anymore. Okay.

I may check it out of curiosity, but I'll admit that I've skipped the show beforehand because it looks like another dumb meme to me.
Yeah its literally just Robot Chicken if it was anime.

Daikun

DB Super joins the WEEKDAY SCHEDULE starting July 2.

Holy shit. Anime on Adult Swim on weekdays. It's been so long. I think I need to lie down...

Peanutbutter

WOW!!!!!  :huh:

I mean, Dragon Ball Super is wildly popular so that in and of itself is not surprising but the fact Adult Swim is putting it on weeknights?! That's huge....if this leads to Adult Swim FINALLY putting Toonami's other shows on weeknights like they had last decade that could lead to brighter Toonami future.

Avaitor

My hope is for Shippuden to make it to weekdays, so they can finally catch up, and they can replace its Toonami airings with something else.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, even if it was at a time when no one would be watching, they could finally burn Shippuden off. Even people who dropped Naruto a long time ago already know how it ends, so it's no big loss to put it on 5AM every weekday.

Lord Dalek

If you go five days a week, you'll burn off the entire remaining Shippuden in about a year. The rate they're going? About 6. And judging by the ratings its getting right now, I don't think DeMarco's going to renew the contract if it expires before then.

Daikun

Avaitor

Well that shoots down the theory of AOT season 3 replacing Stardust Crusaders.

Works for me tbh

New blog!