Yu Yu Hakusho

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 06:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

The potion didn't really unlock Yoko, though. It operated the same way as the Idunn Box, which essentially turns back the clock on a person's life (at least, in the dub they say it works the same way, but someone correct me if the manga says otherwise). If it brought him back in time to his Yoko life, back to when he was A class, I figure he would be that through the use of the potion.

Then again, I suppose it does add up if you assume that Yoko was basically playing with Karasu, and that he could've killed him at any moment if he wanted to.

gunswordfist

Good point. Signs do point to Yoko being at full power. I still think that he wasn't considered A class until a retcon in 3 Kings. In Chapter Black, I think Kurama got mad enough to the point where his Yoko became A class then it was changed to where he wasn't always that strong.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

I didn't remember that detail, honestly. I guess Yoko was really just screwing around with Karasu.

gunswordfist

..Yeah, he kind of was. I don't think A class vs. B class means instant death...but then about Yoko is brutal as hell (and Kurama can be too) so yeah, he was pretty much playing with his food, regardless of class.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 25, 2015, 02:43:09 PM
..Yeah, he kind of was. I don't think A class vs. B class means instant death...but then about Yoko is brutal as hell (and Kurama can be too) so yeah, he was pretty much playing with his food, regardless of class.

Toguro wasn't A class and he could've killed Yusuke at any moment, at least before Yusuke tapped into his full power.

Spark Of Spirit

Remember that the classes aren't based on pure power but ability and potential. Toguro said his only talent was changing his muscles and appearance which is pretty devastating up to a certain level before he would have to fight someone that relies on more than physical strength like the A and S classes who would destroy him with crazier techniques. It's not like Dragon Ball Z's power levels where there are hard numbers.

Let's also not forget that Kurama said when he was Yoko Kurama that he was cocky and arrogant, which showed in spades against Karasu. His old self almost got him killed because he fooled around against Karasu which ended up being Team Uremeshi's only loss against Team Toguro.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 25, 2015, 03:25:19 PMIt's not like Dragon Ball Z's power levels where there are hard numbers.

Actually, even power levels in DBZ, hard numbers and all, ultimately don't mean that much aside from a general estimation of a character's power (rather than their actual fighting skill). A lot of people assume that the point of power levels was to gauge how strong a character was. In that case they're missing the point. The intention was that they were in fact useless against Goku and company, who could both mask their power levels, and also naturally sense an opponent's true power. If you pay attention, characters who judge their opponents based on power levels often underestimate them and can still lose to a good strategy or teamwork used against them.

Also don't forget that power levels were never used in the earlier half of DB, and were never used again after Trunks appears in the very beginning of the Cell saga. There's a reason for that, and when people ever try to bring up power levels as hard evidence for any argument about the series, I feel the need to explain why they really are not, and quite frankly don't mean as much as people assume that they do.

Foggle

Guys. I have a question that needs answering.

Mind Control is the ability to control both mind and body. Mind Imprisonment(think of Naruto's Itachi using genjutsu or the effects of Kurama's sinning tree) controls and alters thoughts by sending illusions to the victim. Now the common thinking would be that since Mind Control has both control of mind and body and through mind control you can also perform the same feats as mind imprisonment mind control would be a stronger form of telepathy. It seems that some fail to share my view. Let's here your opinions on which you think is more powerful. Mind Control or Mind Imprisonment?

Spark Of Spirit

Goku could instant transmission Superman into the sun but it wouldn't kill him. Besides, the two of them would be friends, anyway.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on March 25, 2015, 04:34:29 PM
Guys. I have a question that needs answering.

Mind Control is the ability to control both mind and body. Mind Imprisonment(think of Naruto's Itachi using genjutsu or the effects of Kurama's sinning tree) controls and alters thoughts by sending illusions to the victim. Now the common thinking would be that since Mind Control has both control of mind and body and through mind control you can also perform the same feats as mind imprisonment mind control would be a stronger form of telepathy. It seems that some fail to share my view. Let's here your opinions on which you think is more powerful. Mind Control or Mind Imprisonment?

Ask KOP. :sly:

gunswordfist

I'm so happy that I get this. :D

And lmao to the dumbass who would fight Superman and have it transform into All-Star.

talonmalon333

I wanted to comment on this, but it would have counted as spoilers in the other YYH thread so I'm posting it here.

I think something that's funny is that Maze Castle is the only part of the series that truly adheres to that unwritten rule of one on one fights... Now, of course, those fights take place all throughout the series, but they always have a clear purpose. Like, in the Dark Tournament, they make sense because it's, well, a tournament where one on one is a typical rule. Same thing with the Demon World Tournament. But in the Rescue Yukina story, Yusuke and Kuwabara always fight together with the example of the first Triad fighter, and the reason Kuwabara stayed out of that fight was because he didn't want to hit a girl. As for Yusuke's fight with Sensui, it was one on one because Itsuki captured the other three to avoid them ganging up on Sensui, and once they were released, all three of them launched a full scale attack. Maze Castle is the only part of the series I can think of where they fight one on one "because honor".

EDIT:

Well, I guess there was Yusuke's first fight against Sensui in the city. But even then, it wasn't really a one on one fight. It was more like Yusuke going out first to feel out Sensui's powers. Once that was done, Kurama and Kuwabara tried to jump in before they were all separated.

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, that might be one of the reasons that the arc doesn't work well for me. If all four of them ganged up on every enemy, the arc would have been done in like two episodes.

Granted, there was a story reason that Yusuke fought alone but the others really didn't need to. Kuwabara in particular made one fight last near three episodes (since after all that he STILL didn't beat him) when there was no reason for them to waste so much time.

Thankfully, it's the only point in the series with this issue.

gunswordfist

True they were on a time limit but the real reason was to have a showcase for everyone. I don't care what anyone says, Maze Castle is good. :bleh:

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 04, 2015, 04:02:11 PM
Maze Castle is good. :bleh:

I agree. But I'm used to, at the very least least, "very good" from YYH.