Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, you're right.

It's probably also that these Nintendo Directs cut out the game press entirely and they're being petty about it. Why does Nintendo need them when they can tell us themselves when updates or new games are coming?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Foggle

"Get the Full Splinter Cell: Blacklist Arsenal, Only at GameStop"

They're not even trying to hide the fact that pre-order bonuses are cut content anymore.

Rynnec

Rosalinas Spare Wand

And on the opposite side of the spectrum, we have yet another dumbass from Gearbox Software. This time, she tries to join in on the Dragon's Crown hate wagon.

http://gamingbolt.com/borderlands-2-artist-does-not-like-dragons-crowns-artstyle

Rynnec

This "controversy" surrounding Dragon's Crown is the most ridiculous thing ever.

On the bright side, this could mean good sales for Vanillaware.

Foggle

I don't like the Dragon's Crown art style either, but meh, nothing to get worked up about.

gunswordfist

I hate shitty Xbox Live menus. SNK or whoever makes their XBLA menus has made me want to make this post. Like with Garou. The game's presentation is fucking perfect...until you get to the 2 dollar main menu. It looks like they made it with Flash and it almost makes me want to quit the demo right there...almost. I'd kill for them to have main menus that actually looks like the rest of the game.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 03, 2013, 10:39:09 AM
I hate shitty Xbox Live menus. SNK or whoever makes their XBLA menus has made me want to make this post. Like with Garou. The game's presentation is fucking perfect...until you get to the 2 dollar main menu. It looks like they made it with Flash and it almost makes me want to quit the demo right there...almost. I'd kill for them to have main menus that actually looks like the rest of the game.
Yeah, those prefab XBLA menus look absolutely dreadful. I remember the first time I saw one, I thought I was about to play a Newgrounds game from 2003.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 03, 2013, 10:56:45 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 03, 2013, 10:39:09 AM
Yeah, those prefab XBLA menus look absolutely dreadful. I remember the first time I saw one, I thought I was about to play a Newgrounds game from 2003.
:D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, that main menu in Garou is really jarring as its clearly not an actual part of the game, and really just looks kind of awkward. I know that King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match allows you to switch back to the old-school NeoGeo style menu, but Garou doesn't seem to have any such option.

Oh well, that said, I don't put quite as much emphasis on menus and such as other people do, so it doesn't really bother me all that much. I just find it to be a minor nuisance at most.

gunswordfist

Well it's not a game ender for me but it's still ugly. It's worse than say GOTY Arkham City's case sinceit's actually in the game. ;)

Daxdiv

I love Vavle, but sometimes the way they handle their communities is a little bit pants on head stupid

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/esports/dota2/valve-encourages-dota-2-ticket-scalping/

Making those International 3 tickets resellable to the Steam Community Market was just asking for trouble. Thanks for encouraging ticket scalpers.

Foggle