Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

Oh yeah, I heard about this.  I'm reluctant to get Sonic CD on my iPhone, due to controls, but there's no way I would play any Mega Man game on my phone.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

YEah, I think I'll stick with my copy of X Collection. If I want a portable MMX, I'll just save up money for a PSP and track down a copy of MHX or something. That video was embarrasing to watch.

Foggle

Quote11:04 AM on 05.27.2008

I wouldn't get too worked up over this.

Then again, Eidos properties and The 3rd Birthday aside, have they released anything aside from FF, DQ, and KH sequels since then?

GaryPotter

Damn, I didn't notice the date. I just heard this on Tsukento's twitter.

Go ahead and delete this thread.

Foggle

It's still a legitimate topic, though. This does seem to be the direction they're going in...

I'll just merge this thread with Things That Bother You About Gaming instead of deleting it. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dumb-asses like this being in-charge of development teams is the current thing bothering me about games right now.

I mainly just want to point out this particular line of his, right here:

"Ninja Gaiden was all about the gameplay and the feel of the action. And Ninja Gaiden just nailed that; the gameplay just felt good. But if that's all you have, players will get tired of it."

To put it simply, he's basically just saying that....people get tired of great gameplay....so games should focus less on gameplay to be better and somehow people won't get tired of that? What the fuck kind of sense does that make?

More importantly, why the fuck is this guy in-charge of developing a Ninja Gaiden game, or any games for that matter? Who would be stupid enough to let this guy lead a development team?

Foggle

Holy what the fuck.

Quote from: EA CEO John RiccitielloFrankly, I gave a compliment to one of our competitors. It's got a subscription on the back end of an FPS title. I think that's a best-in-class performance.

Despicable.

Spark Of Spirit

Subscriptions are going to kill multiplayer and mainstream appeal.

Two things these companies really should not be doing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Since I care little to nothing about multiplayer this doesn't affect me yet, but damned be the day when they find a way to apply this to single-player as well. Trust me, this will happen eventually, and if that ever manages to become a prominent thing, I swear that I'll quit gaming by that point (at least modern gaming, anyways, as retro games will always be there for me).

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 03, 2012, 12:51:34 PM
Since I care little to nothing about multiplayer this doesn't affect me yet, but damned be the day when they find a way to apply this to single-player as well. Trust me, this will happen eventually
It already is. Online Passes for console games and mandatory internet connection DRM schemes for PC games are only the beginning.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, just wait for "epilogue" DLC. At the rate these companies are going, I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote from: Foggle on February 03, 2012, 12:58:45 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 03, 2012, 12:51:34 PM
Since I care little to nothing about multiplayer this doesn't affect me yet, but damned be the day when they find a way to apply this to single-player as well. Trust me, this will happen eventually
It already is. Online Passes for console games and mandatory internet connection DRM schemes for PC games are only the beginning.
Another reason to hate Ubisoft.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

I don't know what's wose, the Companies that enforce shit like this, or the customers who try to justify said companies.

When will gaming companies realize taht thier audience isn't exactly made out of money?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

They'll realize it after they run the whole gaming industry into the ground. Seriously, if they keep pulling shit like this, eventually gaming will become so unreasonably expensive that only the rich can afford it, and thus gaming companies will lose at least 90% of their customers and we'll have the next big video game crash since 1983, and the sad thing is that it might not be that far off if things really do continue this way. I can tell you right now that its almost impossible for me to afford a new game and all of its DLC add-ons if I want the full content, and even without DLC I still have to resort to buying most games used when they are down to $20 or less. To be honest, I think I'll be best off saving up for a decent gaming PC rather than buying any of the next-gen consoles when they come out. Steam seems to be convenient and affordable in comparison, and these days almost all multiplatform games come to the PC (which is usually the best version) anyways, so really at this point that looks like its the best investment for me.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rynnec on February 03, 2012, 01:41:28 PM
I don't know what's wose, the Companies that enforce shit like this, or the customers who try to justify said companies.

When will gaming companies realize taht thier audience isn't exactly made out of money?

I say customers that try to justify being ridden like that is more sickening. This thread is the prime example of sheepish people that like having companies put their cock into their asses. Go ahead and find the guy who I've been quoting frequently in Fan Attack. Everytime he justifies how used games are worse than piracy, take a drink.

Fucking pathetic.