Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

For the whole Metal Gear thing... Isn't this called Metal Gear Rising and not Metal Gear SOLID Rising? It's not a Solid game, so I don't even see the complaint. It's a new series.

The same whiners that would probably cry if Kojima turned around and made a Metal Gear 3 with the old overhead style because "lolMetal Gear 3 already came out1!on where's old Snake?"... I would rather Kojima just do something-ANYTHING else, honestly. We could have had a new Snatcher, Policenauts, or Zone Of The Enders by now. Heck, maybe a new series. Lord knows Konami needs it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Well, Metal Gear 1 & 2 were also stealth games (let's just forget that Snake's Revenge ever happened), so even without the "Solid," the title still implies specific gameplay elements.

I'm pretty sure Kojima has wanted to walk away from Metal Gear for a long time, but Konami won't let him. He probably decided to let Platinum develop Rising simply because he didn't really want anything to do with it.

It's obvious that Kojima is a visionary and one of the most brilliant people in the industry. All of his games pre-MGS 2 are clear proof of that (though every one of his games is excellent). And I think Konami kills a little bit more of his soul every time he's assigned to a new Metal Gear project.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its because those damn fans keep buying those games no matter what. In fact, I'm willing to bet even the fanboys whining and screaming about MGRR being a hack n' slash game instead of a stealth game will still buy it just because of the Metal Gear logo in the title and just so that they can bitch about it some more. Either way, Konami makes money off of it, and as long as they keep making money they'll keep forcing Kojima to make more MGS games for them, especially since a lot of the series' success has to do with his name being attached to any projects involving it.

The poor guy probably wishes his fans would stop buying his freaking games so he has an excuse to stop working on MG games and try out something new. :P

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 23, 2012, 06:56:59 PM
The poor guy probably wishes his fans would stop buying his freaking games so he has an excuse to stop working on MG games and try out something new. :P
Rumor has it that's why MGS 2 ended up like it did.

Anyway, I'm sorry Kojima, but I'm going to have to buy Revengeance on day 1. Please try to understand.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

This series has such a rocky history. Such a shame too, since it has a lot of potential.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on March 23, 2012, 02:12:23 PM
There aren't very many stealth OR hack 'n slash games these days, so I'm glad to see both genres getting represented well by a single series.

My problem is that no one complained about Rising being a sword action game two years ago, but now that Platinum is making it, suddenly it's "shit." Obnoxious "fans" think they know more about Metal Gear than Kojima...
Amen. The fact that they are getting made at the only good hack n slash developer because a team that usually works on stealth games is doing MGR is really sickening.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on March 23, 2012, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 23, 2012, 06:56:59 PM
Rumor has it that's why MGS 2 ended up like it did.

Anyway, I'm sorry Kojima, but I'm going to have to buy Revengeance on day 1. Please try to understand.
:D Yeah.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 24, 2012, 02:17:32 PM
This series has such a rocky history. Such a shame too, since it has a lot of potential.
I hope that Prey 2 gets own game, takes out Tommy and then someone gives us a Prey sequel that lives up to the original's potential with all the gravity wall walking and portals.

Eddy

You know what I hate? When companies expect you to pay $60 on a game to play a demo for another game. Like with Capcom (boy they come up a lot in this thread) and Resident Evil 6. I'd want to play a demo for Resident Evil 6 but why should I have to spend $60 on Dragon's Dogma, a game I have no intent of getting, to do so?

Spark Of Spirit

Or even worse, when I buy an awesome game (Brave Fencer Musashi) and get let down by the demo of a sequel I was anticipating (Final Fantasy VIII)... It leaves a bittersweet feeling.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Eddy on March 27, 2012, 11:17:36 AM
You know what I hate? When companies expect you to pay $60 on a game to play a demo for another game. Like with Capcom (boy they come up a lot in this thread) and Resident Evil 6. I'd want to play a demo for Resident Evil 6 but why should I have to spend $60 on Dragon's Dogma, a game I have no intent of getting, to do so?

If you think that's bad, KoeiTecmo is even worse. They charged people $100 for the collector's edition of the very crappy Ninja Gaiden 3 (I still can't get over how much they fucked up the series with this game) just for the full version of a pre-alpha DOA5 demo (which only has 4 characters and 1 stage....and that's actually supposed to be the HIGHLIGHT of the so-called collector's edition, which only makes you think of how uninspired the rest of the package must be :imnothappy: ). People who pre-ordered the game got the demo with only 2 characters, and I find it hilarious KT thinks that DOA is popular enough for them to be doing something like this. Its not anywhere near the level of popularity of other 3D fighters like Tekken and Soul Calibur, or other popular fighters in general like SF or even KOF, so them using the demo to increase their NG3 sales is only going to hurt their DOA sales (plus NG3 is barely going to sell given its low review scores this time around). I just can't wait to see his company crumble, personally.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 27, 2012, 12:12:26 PM
Or even worse, when I buy an awesome game (Brave Fencer Musashi) and get let down by the demo of a sequel I was anticipating (Final Fantasy VIII)... It leaves a bittersweet feeling.
*shoots Spark*

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry to bring up next gen talk, but there's a rumor floating around about the PS4. Kotaku has a bigger article, but I'll just steal this post from Neogaf to sum it up since I'm not a tech guy:

Quotesummary
-no BC with Ps3
- http://orbis.scedev.net/ exists
-AMD 2012 GPU with up to 4k resolution for games. AMD Southern Islands GPU http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souther...ds_(GPU_family)
-AMD x64 CPU
- anti used game system like PC games with always online DRM.

"If you buy the disc, it must be locked to a single PSN account, after which you can play the game, save the whole thing to your HDD, or peg it as "downloaded" in your account history and be free to download it at a later date."
"it's believed used games will be limited to a trial mode or some other form of content restriction, with consumers having to pay a fee to unlock/register the full game."
If true, I'm done with Sony.

Rynnec

-no BC with Ps3
- anti used game system like PC games with always online DRM.

:srs: