Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

What kind of business practice treats well paying customers like crap? Really, things like those feel like I'm being punished just for buying a game legally. This GIF does demonstrate how much DRM sucks.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on April 04, 2012, 12:01:57 AM
That Star Wars thing leaves me a loss for words. But I wouldn't say it's killing Star Wars any worse than all the shit George has already done to it.

My friends were trying to defend Capcom's shit today. Telling me that they're a business and what not. Bullshit. They're a business, yes, but fucking over your fans and pulling crap like they have is NO way to run a business. I don't see how anyone can honestly DEFEND Capcom for the crap they've been pulling this gen.
I'm confused at how not giving the fans what they want is a good thing. It can't be defended.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 04, 2012, 11:28:15 AM
What kind of business practice treats well paying customers like crap? Really, things like those feel like I'm being punished just for buying a game legally. This GIF does demonstrate how much DRM sucks.
It'd be more accurate if the pirate trucks drove around the DRM wall while all the paying customer cars crashed into it. :-\

Spark Of Spirit

There are plenty of other companies that don't pull this including Capcom itself before Inafune left. I don't know what it is about gamers that they'll just take it from companies like this. I never hear this type of excuse from music, movies, animation, TV, art, or book fans. It's only ever gamers that defend companies that take things away from them.

As for that GIF, they should have used the one where Fat Tony was sneaking in stuff before and Rex was oblivious. That would be the pirates.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Personally, I always saw the GIF as what game developers think what DRM will do to pirates, while the paying customer cars crashing is the reality of the situation. That and people who pirate the game that got a buggy version before a good crack was developed and the paying customers getting more wrecked due to the DRM being buggy as hell.

Yep, gamers sure are a weird bunch. Why is it video games have a higher priority over comics, movies, TV? Why is used games sales a hot button issue NOW when we're currently in the tail end of the 7th Generation of gaming? Is it because of it's $60 price tag? I'm starting to think that's it. Well sorry if people don't feel like spending 60 on a game that will last them 6 hours and never play again. You know what's funny, I even hear people saying that pirating a game is better than buying used............................... I am totally speechless at that whenever I read that. Sure, I understand that I'm more of a customer to GameStop than anyone else when I buy used, but I rather buy something than steal.

As a side note, I feel like watching that episode of the Simpsons again.

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 04, 2012, 03:20:15 PM
Yep, gamers sure are a weird bunch. Why is it video games have a higher priority over comics, movies, TV? Why is used games sales a hot button issue NOW when we're currently in the tail end of the 7th Generation of gaming? Is it because of it's $60 price tag? I'm starting to think that's it. Well sorry if people don't feel like spending 60 on a game that will last them 6 hours and never play again. You know what's funny, I even hear people saying that pirating a game is better than buying used............................... I am totally speechless at that whenever I read that. Sure, I understand that I'm more of a customer to GameStop than anyone else when I buy used, but I rather buy something than steal.
Speaking of which, I bought 7 used DVDs at the library yesterday for a dollar apiece. Funny how no one's ever referred to buying used videos as "stealing."

Oh, and just for fun, they were:
Fargo
Pitch Black (Unrated Version)
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Dogma (Special Edition)
Blazing Saddles
The Terminator
Crank (screw you guys, I like this movie)

Pretty amazing haul if I may say so myself. :)

Peanutbutter

Man, why does Capcom keep making irrational decisions like this? There has to be a lot going on behind the scenes over there than just Inafune leaving....

Now I'm wondering what's going to happen at E3.

Spark Of Spirit

WayForward is making a Double Dragon game!

Wait, why aren't I excited? Look at the screen shot and description. Double Dragon deserves better, and the people who made Contra 4 should certainly know better.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Those graphics are... uh...

Well, the background looks nice!

Spark Of Spirit

Well, it looks a bit better in other screens:

Still, they should have used sprites.

Foggle

Still looks really goofy. WayForward has always done amazing sprite-work, why stop now?

Rynnec

The graphics leave much to be desired, but the gameplay seems fine based on the description.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 04, 2012, 04:08:21 PM
Still, they should have used sprites.

HD sprites should be the standard for games like this if you ask me. Not really a fan of 2.5-D.

Rynnec

Not sure if this belongs here, but:

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/05/nintendo-says-dont-focus-on-technology-specs-just-enjoy-the-games/

?We do not focus on technology specs. We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers.?

:joy:

Finally! Someone came out and said it. More gamers need to realize this.

Spark Of Spirit

Still doesn't look right

And I still don't know why this had to be ANOTHER remake of DD1, but I will give it a chance because I want Double Dragon to finally move beyond remakes of the first game over and over again.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rynnec on April 05, 2012, 02:52:49 PM
Not sure if this belongs here, but:

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/05/nintendo-says-dont-focus-on-technology-specs-just-enjoy-the-games/

?We do not focus on technology specs. We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers.?

:joy:

Finally! Someone came out and said it. More gamers need to realize this.

I like how Nintendo implies they can't coexist. :P