Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

Deadly Premonition is not a bad game. :wth:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 12, 2012, 06:56:18 PM
Doubt it's better than any of the Japanese games I've played this year.
:D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Kiddington

Big Rigs and Extreme Paintbrawl are major outliers to the rest of the list.

If they were really serious about this, a more appropriate selection would include the likes of Superman 64, Bubsy 3D, M&M's Racing... you get the idea. Almost smells like a case of some bad trolling if you ask me (unless they actually believe in their minds that Goldeneye is as bad as Big Rigs... in which case, wow).

Foggle

God, Inafune is so bitter...

How do you guys feel about his statements? I, personally, don't agree with him at all.

EDIT: "does you guys" lol

Spark Of Spirit

I think he's still disillusioned with how he was treated at Capcom. He was so focused on western design that he seemed to lose sight of what made his own (and Capcom's) games so special in the first place.

If he wants to know how to do it right, he can always go work for Nintendo or Sega. They seem to have no problems retaining a Japanese fanbase and an American one proving that all everyone really wants is the same thing, good games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

A man truly worthy of support.

EDIT: His fans are even worse.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

From what I've played so far, Fez is a pretty fun puzzle game.

But it doesn't change the fact that Phil Fish is a colossal dick.

Foggle

Egotistical cunt. If I was a game developer, I'd be nice to people so as to build trust with gamers and become friends with other devs. Don't see why he's being such a jerk; it will only impact him negatively in the long run.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'd compare him to John K, but at least John K had a modicum of talent under his bullshit. Fish is just an asshole.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 15, 2012, 12:26:05 PM
God, Inafune is so bitter...

How do you guys feel about his statements? I, personally, don't agree with him at all.

EDIT: "does you guys" lol
:lol: He agrees with Phil Fish. Besides that, I agree Platinum is pretty much it for me and Inafune knows that Japanese devs should work with American ones and not just blindly hand them over their projects.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 15, 2012, 10:46:44 PM
Egotistical cunt. If I was a game developer, I'd be nice to people so as to build trust with gamers and become friends with other devs. Don't see why he's being such a jerk; it will only impact him negatively in the long run.
What kind of games would you make, by the way :awesome:

Spark Of Spirit

Not puzzle platformers with little to no replay value and a "quirky" artstyle, that's for sure.

gunswordfist

A lifetime of console shooters for Foggle. :humhumhum:

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 15, 2012, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 15, 2012, 10:46:44 PM
What kind of games would you make, by the way :awesome:
If I was in any way talented/insanely rich? Non-gimmicky 3D platformers, beat 'em ups, hack 'n slashes, Doom/Serious Sam-style FPSs, Deus Ex-style RPGs, psychological horror games, run 'n gun side-scrolling shooters... good stuff like that. All running at 60 FPS and no DRM. :P