Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

For the record, I don't think Morgan Webb even gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 5/5. That was whoever wrote the review, Morgan just read it.

And yeah, Morgan Webb is a joke. She hates on Super Mario Galaxy for being "childish" but raves about Ratchet & Clank for having a gun that burps. And I have nothing against Ratchet & Clank but isn't that a little hypocritical? She also evidently loves Wind Waker and the Mario & Luigi series.

G4/X-Play as a whole is a joke anyway. Adam Sessler was the last good thing they had left and now even he's gone.

Daxdiv

Yeah, I think a good majority of the reviews on X-Play are written by their writers, rather than Adam, Morgan and whoever else they have on the show right now. I think it was like that before G4 took over TechTV. The only review I am aware of that was written by the host was Sly 3 where Adam both wrote the written review on the website and did the TV review for it.

gunswordfist

Heh, I KNEW you were going to say a Sly game.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daxdiv on September 29, 2012, 09:48:24 AM
Yeah, I think a good majority of the reviews on X-Play are written by their writers, rather than Adam, Morgan and whoever else they have on the show right now. I think it was like that before G4 took over TechTV. The only review I am aware of that was written by the host was Sly 3 where Adam both wrote the written review on the website and did the TV review for it.

Adam also wrote the review for Resident Evil 5 himself, in addition to doing the TV review for it, I believe.

Kiddington

Quote from: Eddy on September 29, 2012, 02:22:15 AM
For the record, I don't think Morgan Webb even gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 5/5. That was whoever wrote the review, Morgan just read it.

And yeah, Morgan Webb is a joke. She hates on Super Mario Galaxy for being "childish" but raves about Ratchet & Clank for having a gun that burps. And I have nothing against Ratchet & Clank but isn't that a little hypocritical? She also evidently loves Wind Waker and the Mario & Luigi series.

G4/X-Play as a whole is a joke anyway. Adam Sessler was the last good thing they had left and now even he's gone.

Well of course, but it's still funny (and kinda sad) listening to hear read off a positive Nintendo review anyway (even if she didn't write it, and doesn't feel that way). You can just tell by her voice; it hurts.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Forced system updates.  I try to use Netflix on my PS3, but it won't let me use it unless I update the system.  What if I don't give a shit about the update?  All I want to do is watch shit on Netflix, I don't know why you require me to do an update.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

Foggle

I wonder what this means for the Red vs. Blue guys.

Foggle

Japan's first week sales for RE6 are in. It sold about 33.6 times the copies of Max Anarchy. :zonk:

Avaitor

Well at least we know that the franchise isn't in danger.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Avaitor

So G4 is finally ending X-Play and Attack of the Show.

Huh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

That bothers you?  It's more like who cares at this point?

I've only seen Attack of the Show! once, but then again I've never really watched a lot of G4, and really the only time I've ever had the channel was when Directv still carried it; out of all the cable systems I've been on(including Comcast in Chicago and Cox here in VA) I've never had it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.