Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I have literally never heard of Polygon until I clicked on this thread.

Avaitor

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 26, 2012, 10:25:05 PM
I have literally never heard of Polygon until I clicked on this thread.
Same, honestly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Rynnec

Nel_Annette

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Ah, the 70's. The age of Steely Dan, Norman Lear, and when Coppola actually made good movies.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I just assumed Coppola became a producer or some shit.

Spark Of Spirit

Haze officially is the reason Timesplitters 4 wasn't made.

This industry has gotten so bad that one mistake can kill your entire company. Why people want costs to rise again this coming generation is beyond me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

To be fair, Haze is one of the absolute worst shooters, if not games, I've ever played. It's not hard to see why that POS killed Free Radical. Though you have to wonder how Rebellion still gets work after Rogue Warrior, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails, and NeverDead.

Spark Of Spirit

Even Lair killed Factor 5 despite their pedigree. 'One strike and you're out' is a terrible philosophy for an industry because it leaves no room for trying new things.

That said... I would love a Bayonetta 2 situation! Even if that's far less likely.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 27, 2012, 06:32:38 PM
Even Lair killed Factor 5 despite their pedigree. 'One strike and you're out' is a terrible philosophy for an industry because it leaves no room for trying new things.
I think it mostly depends on the budget. Lair and Haze cost a pretty penny, right? Meanwhile, literally every Suda51 game has failed to sell adequately, but Grasshopper is still going strong. Still though, creativity is discouraged in the industry these days, which is sad.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 27, 2012, 06:32:38 PM
That said... I would love a Bayonetta 2 situation! Even if that's far less likely.
Well, since Crytek owns FR now, I can see them maybe making some cheap arcade-style PC shooters in the future.

gunswordfist

Sucks to hear that NeverDead sucks.

That second "reason" why publishers didn't take TimeSplitters 4 is what bother me. How is having a game with multiple characters suddenly a bad thing?