Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can't stand Assassin's Creed. :srs:

As far as Ubisoft goes, I did like some of the Ghost Recon games, but I can only imagine how much they will butcher that series with future games given their modern output. It'll probably just turn into another uninspired Call of Duty clone. That's what EA did with Medal of Honor when they rebooted it, and it still drives me up the wall, considering how good the series used to be when it was its own thing in the last 2 generations (Frontline is one of my top 10 favorite FPS games, even). And seeing the direction that Ubisoft is going in with their other popular Tom Clancy property, Splinter Cell, I can safely assume that they will most likely do something similar with Ghost Recon if they continue making new games for the series, and that's something that I can most certainly live without.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, the creator of X-Com did a Ghost Recon strategy RPG for the 3DS. I hope that did well enough for a sequel, because it was surprisingly fun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I like Scott Pilgrim and Sands of Time.

Can't think of another Ubisoft game I like, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Grave

Can't say I'm a big time supporter of Ubisoft, but I won't deny that they've put out some games that I really like (Assassin's Creed series except AC1, and Splinter Cell: Conviction). I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell: Blacklist along with Watch Dogs.

Foggle

Ubisoft sucks, but I actually like quite a few of their games. If you want to play one of their titles, try to find a way to support the hard-working developers who made the game without supporting their publisher's shady DRM and DLC practices.

Kiddington

Ubisoft has some decent stuff, but they are, by and large, a shovelware company looking for a quick buck.

I mean, need I say more?

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on February 06, 2013, 12:50:27 AM
Ubisoft has some decent stuff, but they are, by and large, a shovelware company looking for a quick buck.

I mean, need I say more?
How, exactly, is that shovelware?

Spoiler

[close]

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on February 06, 2013, 12:53:04 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on February 06, 2013, 12:50:27 AM

I mean, need I say more?
How, exactly, is that shovelware?

Spoiler

[close]

:unimpressed:

Foggle

Rynnec

Fuck Crytek.

Seriously, what in the hell else would they be working on that they weren't before?

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on February 06, 2013, 01:11:38 AM
Seriously, what in the hell else would they be working on that they weren't before?
They're going entirely multiplayer F2P after Crysis 3. Yeah. So there will never be another TimeSplitters, DarkSiders, or "official" Cry game.

Also, wow Sony. I'm getting the game on PS3 anyway, but wow. http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-vr-missions-are-exclusive-dlc-for-playstation-3/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Heh, The funny thing is that the VR missions were my favorite part of MGS2 (as in the only part I really enjoyed playing). That said, I'd still probably get the game even if its the XBOX360 version as long as the game itself is up to the standards of other great titles from Platinum Games. Seeing as how these VR missions are paid DLC, anyways, I don't mind their exclusion from the XBOX360 version of the game quite so much. If it was an actual part of the game that was specifically cut out of the North American XBOX360 version, then I'd be pretty pissed off, but as it stands I rarely ever scrounge out any cash for DLC. Hell, I didn't even bother going for the NG2 Mission Mode pack DLC, despite how huge of an NG fan I am, if only because I didn't consider it to be worth getting alone, and also partly because I thought that it should have been part of the main package to begin with given how NGB had a Mission Mode from the get-go.

Foggle

The VR missions in MGS 1, 2, and Ghost Babel are amazing.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this ends up just being timed exclusivity, but still... it's a dick move to make it PS3 exclusive only in America. I also wouldn't be surprised if this DLC ended up being free. I think it'll be $5 at most.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, it is a dick move, and if there was even just a little bit of back-lash from XBOX360 owners who were really looking forward to this game, I couldn't totally blame them for it. But, that's just the shady business practices that I've unfortunately had to grow used to in this day and age of gaming. Its yet another one of the factors that have been turning me away from modern games in general, to be honest. While this move honestly doesn't phase me that much, seeing this happen over and over again for countless other titles really starts to add-up and get on my nerves.

Foggle

Gotta' love that AssCreed 3 DLC debacle from last year. 360 exclusive DLC, PS3 exclusive DLC, PC exclusive DLC, three different kinds of substantial pre-order DLC... seriously, what.