Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 05, 2013, 09:45:50 PM
The TMNT GBA game was really fun (done by the SP team, I believe) and I heard good things about the Prince Of Persia games last gen but that's about it.

They've always come across as a C-Tier (B-Tier at best) developer.
Ubisoft is a publisher, not a developer. And you forgot to mention the great Splinter Cell series, how Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is one of the best military shooters out there, "too floaty" or not, Rayman Origins is great and I hear Far Cry 3 is great. Ubisoft does some bad shit but it's not a good excuse to ignore the good games they publish.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 19, 2013, 11:21:44 AM
Ubisoft is a publisher, not a developer.
They do have their own development houses, though, like Ubisoft Montreal and Ubisoft Montpellier. But I wouldn't agree at all about them being C-Tier, most of their games are actually quite good.

gunswordfist

I know, I meant Ubisoft, the publisher and whatever dev teams they have are two separate things. I doubt Ubisoft Montreal has anything to do with screwing over gamers nor does the bs their publisher does mean the games they make suck.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I think gamers are, by far, the worst thing about gaming. At this point, I think it's best for my remaining sanity if I stay away from any and all other forums where people talk about video games.

Never before have I seen people who get so riled up over what is, in the long run, nothing. People spewing vitriol at everyone in sight, ignoring the good in favor of magnifying the bad, exaggerating each and every little thing. People who are never satisfied, think their own opinions are facts to the point of insulting everyone else, and absolutely refuse to compromise on anything. I don't think I can handle communicating with or reading comments made by gamers for much longer.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on February 20, 2013, 12:10:44 AM
Never before have I seen people who get so riled up over what is, in the long run, nothing. People spewing vitriol at everyone in sight, ignoring the good in favor of magnifying the bad, exaggerating each and every little thing. People who are never satisfied, think their own opinions are facts to the point of insulting everyone else, and absolutely refuse to compromise on anything.

I....think you actually just described the Internet in general. :sweat:

Kiddington

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on February 20, 2013, 12:12:17 AM
Never before have I seen people who get so riled up over what is, in the long run, nothing. People spewing vitriol at everyone in sight, ignoring the good in favor of magnifying the bad, exaggerating each and every little thing. People who are never satisfied, think their own opinions are facts to the point of insulting everyone else, and absolutely refuse to compromise on anything.

Or, at the very least, bronies.

YEAH, I SAID IT

Eddy

Quote from: Kiddington on February 20, 2013, 02:30:50 AM

Or, at the very least, bronies.

YEAH, I SAID IT
Hasbro should focus on me with My Little Pony and not their target audience and here's why:

Avaitor

This reminds me, what do you guys think about Equestria Girls?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Meh. Just one step closer to Canadian K-On, really.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on February 20, 2013, 10:56:51 AM
Meh. Just one step closer to Canadian K-On, really.
But we already have Generation O.

Nel_Annette

It looks like corporate-generated shlock. Faust's cutesie designs are part of what drew me into the show (what really drew me in was those designs + the memes), and that's completely lost here.

Rynnec

Avaitor

Did kids network execs learn nothing from All Grown Up? This kind of concept will catch interest for a special or two, but kids will get tired of it fast.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

It's probably why as I get older I spent less and less time on the internet.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle