Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on February 07, 2013, 06:37:21 PM
Wow, Ubisoft is on a roll lately. They've also doomed the game by putting it up against GTA5. Smooth move, Ubi.

In other news Warren Spector (creator of Epic Mickey) say games like Lollipop Chainsaw should not exist. I don't really know why he's targeting Lollipop Chainsaw specifically as it's a very niche game and it's obvious he hasn't played it and is just judging it by its box art but okay. Spector, I'm sorry Epic Mickey 2 bombed but that's what happens when you release a half baked sequel, ignoring all the constructive criticism from the first game, lie and say you fixed things, and in some cases made things worse. Spector's kind of a pompous ass.
I wonder if Spark defended this.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on February 17, 2013, 07:20:40 PM
Quote from: BungieWe did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game - almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to.
Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/17/destiny-not-coming-to-pc-bungie-deny-reality/

LOL, BUNGIE - implying that two-weapon limits and recharging health are good things, thinking that nobody plays shooters on PC anymore, asserting that you were the first studio to make an FPS for consoles. If you're gonna' say things like that, I hope your new game bombs.
Recharging health is a good thing.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 12, 2013, 06:35:29 PM
Quote from: Eddy on February 07, 2013, 06:37:21 PM
Wow, Ubisoft is on a roll lately. They've also doomed the game by putting it up against GTA5. Smooth move, Ubi.

In other news Warren Spector (creator of Epic Mickey) say games like Lollipop Chainsaw should not exist. I don't really know why he's targeting Lollipop Chainsaw specifically as it's a very niche game and it's obvious he hasn't played it and is just judging it by its box art but okay. Spector, I'm sorry Epic Mickey 2 bombed but that's what happens when you release a half baked sequel, ignoring all the constructive criticism from the first game, lie and say you fixed things, and in some cases made things worse. Spector's kind of a pompous ass.
I wonder if Spark defended this.
I did not.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 12, 2013, 06:50:55 PM
Quote from: Foggle on February 17, 2013, 07:20:40 PM
Quote from: BungieWe did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game - almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to.
Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/17/destiny-not-coming-to-pc-bungie-deny-reality/

LOL, BUNGIE - implying that two-weapon limits and recharging health are good things, thinking that nobody plays shooters on PC anymore, asserting that you were the first studio to make an FPS for consoles. If you're gonna' say things like that, I hope your new game bombs.
Recharging health is a good thing.
Baka GSF!!! :blush:

Foggle

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on March 13, 2013, 11:00:31 PM
http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1542

We must keep track of this list in the near future. In fact, here's a c/p

Grand Theft Auto V: 10/10
Metal Gear Solid V: 10/10
The Last of Us: 10/10
BioShock Infinite: 9/10
Assassin?s Creed IV: 8.5/10
Watch Dogs: 8.5/10
Beyond: Two Souls: 9/10
Lost Planet 3: 8/10
The Wonderful 101: 6/10
Pikmin 3: 8.5/10

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 13, 2013, 11:47:47 PMThe Wonderful 101: 6/10
After Godhand I don't think anyone trusts IGN when it comes to Platinum Games stuff as it is.

But I would like to know what their issue is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

So I wanted to see what Sonic Dash was like and decided to watch IGN's preview on YouTube.

:srs: Now I remember why I don't go to IGN anymore. Idiot says he's a Sonic fan, then proceeds to say Sonic CD was the last good Sonic game, both of these douchebags keep calling rings "coins", and he keeps calling Seaside Hill "Green Hill Zone".

Fucking hell, man, if I had this kind of job in video games journalism, I'd at least try and know as much as I can about every franchise I'm tackling and not sound like a clueless moron.

Yes, I realize my being a Sonic fan is making me biased here, but Sonic CD the last good Sonic game? Fuck you, guy.

Rynnec

The Last of Us looks incredibly generic. So it's no suprise IGN gives it a 10.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on March 19, 2013, 02:06:03 AM
So I wanted to see what Sonic Dash was like and decided to watch IGN's preview on YouTube.

:srs: Now I remember why I don't go to IGN anymore. Idiot says he's a Sonic fan, then proceeds to say Sonic CD was the last good Sonic game, both of these douchebags keep calling rings "coins", and he keeps calling Seaside Hill "Green Hill Zone".

Fucking hell, man, if I had this kind of job in video games journalism, I'd at least try and know as much as I can about every franchise I'm tackling and not sound like a clueless moron.

Yes, I realize my being a Sonic fan is making me biased here, but Sonic CD the last good Sonic game? Fuck you, guy.

Do Sonic Colours and Generation convieniently not exist for him? Sounds like a chode.

talonmalon333

Unless Sonic 3 & Knuckles came after Sonic CD, I don't see how that viewpoint is so unreasonable or makes him a chode.

In the end, 3D Sonic just does nothing for many people.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

IGN Gave both Sonic Colors AND Sonic Generations scores of 8.5/10, Talon. They are basically ignoring their own reviews with that statement.

Also, Sonic 3 and Knuckles DID come out after Sonic CD. So saying that Sonic CD is the last good Sonic game is essentially saying that Sonic 3 and Knuckles is shit.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm continually surprised at how few game journalists seem to have played Sonic 3 at all never mind Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

But that's also discounting portable games like Sonic Advance that apparently don't count either.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 19, 2013, 12:43:56 PM
IGN Gave both Sonic Colors AND Sonic Generations scores of 8.5/10, Talon. They are basically ignoring their own reviews with that statement.

Also, Sonic 3 and Knuckles DID come out after Sonic CD. So saying that Sonic CD is the last good Sonic game is essentially saying that Sonic 3 and Knuckles is shit.

Whoa. Well then, disregard everything I said. They are being retarded. :P

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 19, 2013, 02:14:34 PM
I'm continually surprised at how few game journalists seem to have played Sonic 3 at all never mind Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

But that's also discounting portable games like Sonic Advance that apparently don't count either.
Portable games are only for children and Japanese otaku, Spark. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on March 19, 2013, 03:31:56 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 19, 2013, 02:14:34 PM

Portable games are only for children and Japanese otaku, Spark. :sly:
And hipsters with button-phobia.  :-X

But yeah the whole "when are we going to have a good Sonic game?" ranting is extremely tired when said people can't even remember a game that came out last year.