Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Did that dumbfuck imply Duke Nukem 3D is a bad game? And I'm sure you hated his BioShock Infinite comments. Ugh, these anti-hyper violence crybabies...

Also, ohhhhhhhh, Shadow Warrior was made by the DN3D team?  Now I want it even more.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Who here has played the new Tomb Raider? I would only ask about its quality here because everywhere else its all OMG EVOLUTION! Um yeah, Legend and Anniversary where the games that actually evolved the series.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 12, 2013, 03:02:46 PM
Who here has played the new Tomb Raider? I would only ask about its quality here because everywhere else its all OMG EVOLUTION! Um yeah, Legend and Anniversary where the games that actually evolved the series.
It's Uncharted 4.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

What a twat.

Then again, the Wii-U has failed to impress me at all outside of the fact that it has five-player local MP... which means it's a million times better than the Vita and what I've heard about the 720 and PS4. I hate being so pessimistic, but I think this gen is going to be absolutely awful outside of PC gaming and Nintendo's exclusives.

Spark Of Spirit

You should try Off TV play sometime, it's quite neat.

But anyway, I've been predicting that this generation will be horrible since before the Wii-U came out. The mainstream public is not salivating at the thought of paying $400 to play Sony games, and they already have a COD machine. There's nothing that will entice them to make the jump.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 07:02:49 PM
You should try Off TV play sometime, it's quite neat.
My friend always steals the tablet controller whenever we play Sonic Racing. >:(

Really glad to see so many cool games are gonna' be coming out for the Wii-U soon. Might have been smarter to wait 'til this holiday season to launch the console, though... the lack of games has brought out a lot of doomsayers in the past half year (and I admit, I was becoming one of them).

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, first years are always rough though Nintendo could have handled it better.

Still, 3D Mario, new Sonic, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros., and whatever else gets announced at E3 is not altogether a disappointment for the first year on the first party side. If the new Mario Kart is better than MKWii than that's even more exciting. I do wish more third parties would have at least tried, even if having a good PC would render them redundant. As for other things Super Luigi U looks cool too, but I think I'll just stick with the DLC since it comes out two months early and is $10 cheaper.

But if I had a gaming capable PC and a Wii-U I'm not entirely sure what I could possibly want from the next Sony or Microsoft system given that I don't like the AAAA direction.

Foggle

Don't forget Bayonetta 2!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 07:17:14 PM
But if I had a gaming capable PC and a Wii-U I'm not entirely sure what I could possibly want from the next Sony or Microsoft system given that I don't like the AAAA direction.
I'd miss Ratchet & Clank and Yakuza (which may actually become a Nintendo thing!?), but that's about it. That is unless Platinum jumps ship to MS/Sony and Grasshopper doesn't make games for PC/Wii-U.

Commode

Quote from: Foggle on May 17, 2013, 07:07:47 PM

Really glad to see so many cool games are gonna' be coming out for the Wii-U soon. Might have been smarter to wait 'til this holiday season to launch the console, though... the lack of games has brought out a lot of doomsayers in the past half year (and I admit, I was becoming one of them).
It seems to be the Nintendo standard these days, the same exact thing happened with the 3DS in the first six-to-eight months.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 17, 2013, 07:19:58 PM
Don't forget Bayonetta 2!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 07:17:14 PM
I'd miss Ratchet & Clank and Yakuza (which may actually become a Nintendo thing!?), but that's about it. That is unless Platinum jumps ship to MS/Sony and Grasshopper doesn't make games for PC/Wii-U.
Yakuza might go PS3/Wii-U which would be fine with me though yeah Ratchet & Clank would be hard (though I'm still hoping Nintendo gets in touch with Insomniac to create a new platforming franchise together) but I think I can deal.

Quote from: Comeau on May 17, 2013, 07:20:45 PM
Quote from: Foggle on May 17, 2013, 07:07:47 PM

It seems to be the Nintendo standard these days, the same exact thing happened with the 3DS in the first six-to-eight months.
They should have learned after the 3DS, but after seeing all those games in the last 3DS direct... I'm not all too worried about the Wii-U's first party output.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 07:23:17 PM
I'm still hoping Nintendo gets in touch with Insomniac to create a new platforming franchise together
I believe Ted Price recently referred to the Wii-U as a "joke console", or something to that extent.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 17, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 07:23:17 PM
I'm still hoping Nintendo gets in touch with Insomniac to create a new platforming franchise together
I believe Ted Price recently referred to the Wii-U as a "joke console", or something to that extent.
Well, there was this, at least.

I have a feeling they're going to be hurting after FUSE.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 07:26:49 PM
Wow, that was fast! :lol:

QuoteI have a feeling they're going to be hurting after FUSE.
Honestly, I can't see FUSE as having been any better with the cartoon graphics. The game itself is fun, but generic, and I'm not talking about the art style - which I actually think looks pretty good now that they've added color to it. It's just not up to the level of quality expected from the developer of R&C, Spyro, and Resistance.

Then again, knowing how badly EA fucked over Suda51/Shinji Mikami's Kafka-inspired horror game, maybe Overstrike was a million times better.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 17, 2013, 07:31:25 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2013, 07:26:49 PM
Wow, that was fast! :lol:

QuoteI have a feeling they're going to be hurting after FUSE.
Honestly, I can't see FUSE as having been any better with the cartoon graphics. The game itself is fun, but generic, and I'm not talking about the art style - which I actually think looks pretty good now that they've added color to it. It's just not up to the level of quality expected from the developer of R&C, Spyro, and Resistance.

Then again, knowing how badly EA fucked over Suda51/Shinji Mikami's Kafka-inspired horror game, maybe Overstrike was a million times better.
I don't think it would have done better with the cartoon style either, but EA partner games have all bombed horrendously. EA is not a good publisher, if they didn't hog all the sports franchises they would have been out of the game long ago.

Now if Overstrike was, say, a Wii-U launch title it would have stood out on the system and it might have helped the system early out of the gate and given the game attention. As it is now, I just think the game will bomb and be forgotten.

And since Sony seems to not want a traditional R&C game to be made, who knows where Insomniac will end up in a few years? I don't think their brand of games are really in-line with the "AAAA" plan and I'd hate for them to die off.