Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

On the plus side they dropped the Wii-U price and bundled in Wind Waker HD.

But since I already have a 3DS and Wii-U, the news doesn't really matter to me!  :D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I'm not convinced yet if Wind Waker HD is worth purchasing.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 28, 2013, 06:06:51 PM
On the plus side they dropped the Wii-U price and bundled in Wind Waker HD.
That definitely would have swayed me toward buying a Wii-U ASAP, but sadly the game is just a download code and not on a disc. :( Still, the price drop is nice. Maybe by this time next year I'll be looking into grabbing a U. :)

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 28, 2013, 06:14:38 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 28, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
Of course you're not.

What's that supposed to mean, boy?
You're talonmalon333 and it's a Zelda game. The game has to have been out for a year, been intensely dissected, and outright loathed before you consider it worthy of your time.

Zelda!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 28, 2013, 06:23:25 PM
Of course you're not.

You're talonmalon333 and it's a Zelda game. The game has to have been out for a year, been intensely dissected, and outright loathed before you consider it worthy of your time.

Zelda!

What's that based on? :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 28, 2013, 06:29:33 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 28, 2013, 06:23:25 PM
Of course you're not.

Zelda!

What's that based on? :P
The fact that you're talonmalon333. ;)

talonmalon333

But the only game you could use as a basis is Skyward Sword. It's been out for well over a year, dissected, and loathed. But it's still not worthy of my time. :humhumhum:

Spark Of Spirit

I still haven't gotten back to that.

I haven't even gone beyond the entrance of the first proper dungeon. There was no real pull to keep me going.

Daxdiv

Oh yeah, I did kind of forgot another thing I noticed about Nintendo's release dates. It looks like they're now releasing their games on Friday, rather than Sunday. The only exception to the rule I've seen is Pokemon X & Y coming out on a Saturday, but that's kind of minor. I actually kind of like that move, if only because I usually get Fridays off, which means all day gaming!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 28, 2013, 07:00:34 PM
Oh yeah, I did kind of forgot another thing I noticed about Nintendo's release dates. It looks like they're now releasing their games on Friday, rather than Sunday. The only exception to the rule I've seen is Pokemon X & Y coming out on a Saturday, but that's kind of minor. I actually kind of like that move, if only because I usually get Fridays off, which means all day gaming!
Huh, that's interesting. And more convenient. Now I don't have to go out of the way after Mass to pick up my pre-order.

The only problem is...

Which games am I going to pre-order, let alone get? Nintendo's putting a lot out this holiday.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 28, 2013, 06:42:08 PM
I still haven't gotten back to that.

I haven't even gone beyond the entrance of the first proper dungeon. There was no real pull to keep me going.

Ironically, the section in the beginning with Skyloft is my favorite part of the game, but I can see why one might hate it.

It's okay, but the game can be a bit of chore.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

It was expected. I'll still get it, but hopefully sales improve once the system gets higher profile games like NMH1 and Wario Land Shake It did.

They really should get Platinum on StarFox, though.