Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Don't most people play as FemShep anyway? That already knocks half of that down.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 19, 2014, 12:57:14 AM
Don't most people play as FemShep anyway? That already knocks half of that down.

Friendly reminder that if you play as FemShep and pursue a romantic relationship with Liara, your FemShep might be gay. No, seriously, screw the people that say Liara "doesn't count" as a gay option.

Spark Of Spirit

For a hint at how annoying it was to be a 2D fan in the 32-bit era:

Quote"All in all, a few more 3D effects would have been nice, but the decision to stick with a true 2D environment is bold, if somewhat outmoded. Aesthetically, Mega Man X4 is a sizeable improvement over its predecessors, but you must remember that it's only a side scroller."
This was Gamespot.

Yes, he was talking about Mega Man X4, one of the best games on the PS1 and one of the games that has aged the best from that era. Weird to think about, no?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

He finally got his wish with X7. Wonder how he reacted to that one?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 20, 2014, 01:03:53 AM

Quote"All in all, a few more 3D effects would have been nice, but the decision to stick with a true 2D environment is bold, if somewhat outmoded. Aesthetically, Mega Man X4 is a sizeable improvement over its predecessors, but you must remember that it's only a side scroller."
What does that even mean?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

talonmalon333

Yosuke Hayashi is the guy infamous for Ninja Gaiden 3, right?

Spark Of Spirit

Team Ninja members are apparently helping to produce Hyrule Warriors. Just another reason for Ensatsu-ken to ignore that game.

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 20, 2014, 03:36:55 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 20, 2014, 01:03:53 AM

What does that even mean?
At the time sidescrollers were deemed inferior because they didn't have fog or sub-30fps.

It was an annoying time for those of us who grew up on 2D games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was already going to ignore this game when I found out that it would be Dynasty Warriors with Zelda characters. Team Ninja's involvement willnjust confirm that even DW fans will hate it.

talonmalon333

Well I'm not all that familiar with this guy, Yosuke Hayashi. However, if he is as bad as you guys say, and if he's involved in this game, then my confidence in this game has gone down. We're likely going to have to wait until the next main Zelda game to get something truly great.

gunswordfist

How was the latest main game Zelda?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 20, 2014, 07:02:52 PM
How was the latest main game Zelda?
Excellent. One of the best Zelda games.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, A Link Between Worlds was the first time I enjoyed the series in years.

Go play it! PLAY IT!

Daxdiv

I'm not even a big Legend of Zelda fan and Link Between Worlds is probably one of my favorite games on the 3DS. It's just so charming and fun.

gunswordfist

I forgot about that game. I actually meant Skyward Sword.