Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

THAT would've gone a long way into me buying an Xbone. What a shame.

I do really wanna play Sunset Overdrive though, but.....I dunno.

Spark Of Spirit

You're kidding me.

With all these canceled games I'm starting to wonder what we'll learn of next.

I'm guessing a Sonic/Mario crossover that everyone liked but was canceled because they couldn't get just the right tone of green to the hills.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

At least those games probably weren't any good. The Resident Evil GBC games are impressive but terrible.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on March 09, 2015, 12:11:16 PM
At least those games probably weren't any good. The Resident Evil GBC games are impressive but terrible.

RE1 GBC was shaping up to be the best version of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShC8zJgbTts

Foggle

Have you played the leaked ROM? It's truly an... experience.

gunswordfist

I wish something was done with Dino Crisis these days. I've only played the demo myself so do the games still hold up?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on March 09, 2015, 12:49:47 PM
Have you played the leaked ROM? It's truly an... experience.

I haven't. I didn't know that port was ever finished. :P

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 09, 2015, 01:06:55 PM
I wish something was done with Dino Crisis these days. I've only played the demo myself so do the games still hold up?
The first two are still great! The third one should be obliterated from existence.

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 09, 2015, 01:07:52 PM
I haven't. I didn't know that port was ever finished. :P
It's not, but the first half or so of the game is playable, with bugs.

gunswordfist

Yeah, I wanted to leave 3 out of the equation. :> Are the games on PSN? Is there anywhere where you can download the DC version?

Foggle

I know the first one is on PSN. The second one probably is too but I'm not sure.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Today in video game news:

Kojima might be leaving Konami
Half-Life 3 basically confirmed never happening
New Conker game is Project Spark trash

Welp. :pedro_nooo:

Foggle

Yep, Kojima is more or less being kicked out of Konami. KojiPro is re-branding, then he and other executives are leaving in December. His name has already been retroactively removed from the box art of all the games he's made.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

Good fucking god. I didn't think Konami could sink any lower. This is absolutely disgraceful.

gunswordfist

I honestly thought you meant that Kojima never leaving Konami was a joke about how that'll never happen for the better. Uh, first off, it sounds real real shitty how they are trying to take the credit from him....but I am much more excited about him leaving Konami. Now he literally can't just (mostly) do nothing but MGS. Hopefully he stays in the game industry because everything he's been through would led many to just retire. Anyway, I hope he forms a new studio, asap. He's like top 3 when it comes to famous Japanese developers so it should be easy. It seemed like he wanted to do more different projects than even Mikami, Kamiya and Inafune so I'm excited about what he could work on next. :)

Foggle

What Konami has done to his work is beyond disrespectful, and while Kojima will certainly find another job with ease, his team members may not be able to. If he left the company, it should have been on his own terms because he specifically wanted to - which I find hard to believe at this point, because he was reportedly very excited to be working on Silent Hills.