Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2015, 09:25:36 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 07, 2015, 09:19:57 PM
I think they said they would only consider remaking FFVII if they made a game that surpasses it... yeah.
But they already did. They were called FF 4, 5, 6, 9, Crisis Core, and Type-0. :>

Perhaps they need one more game to surpass it, then. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 07, 2015, 09:19:57 PM
I think they said they would only consider remaking FFVII if they made a game that surpasses it... yeah.
I guess this means their games have all sucked since then?

Their words, not mine.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Does Square even need the fans to make fun of them? Because they seem to be doing that themselves.

gunswordfist

It sucks that there won't be a Blood Dragon 2. :'(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 08, 2015, 10:13:48 PM
Has this been confirmed? I'm pretty sure the devs said they want to make one someday.

Nel_Annette

So after buying a bunch of anime weeaboo bullshit PS3 games over the last year, I decided to go on PSN and look at the DLC out of morbid curiosity. Mother of god, the sheer amount of costume DLC (mostly swimsuit/hot springs shit) and "add this npc character to your party!" packs is disgusting. A lot of those costumes are $3-$5 a pop.

Two days ago I was perusing my X-Box 360's DLC and I saw how many costumes they had for Dead Or Alive 5... it was a wasteland.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on May 08, 2015, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 08, 2015, 10:13:48 PM
Has this been confirmed? I'm pretty sure the devs said they want to make one someday.
Oh they did but: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blood-dragon-2-not-happening-says-far-cry-4-dev/1100-6423477/ Ubisoft suddenly hates sequels..but they don't. They just hate it for this one particular game because Fuck You Fun And New Interesting Things.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 09, 2015, 01:00:18 AM
Oh they did but: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blood-dragon-2-not-happening-says-far-cry-4-dev/1100-6423477/ Ubisoft suddenly hates sequels..but they don't. They just hate it for this one particular game because Fuck You Fun And New Interesting Things.
:pedro_nooo:

Fuck. And Splinter Cell is probably all but canceled after Blacklist's lack of commercial success, too. Well, Ubisoft, let's see if I ever have a reason to buy any more of your games in the future. :sly:

Quote from: Nel_Annette on May 09, 2015, 12:22:43 AM
So after buying a bunch of anime weeaboo bullshit PS3 games over the last year, I decided to go on PSN and look at the DLC out of morbid curiosity. Mother of god, the sheer amount of costume DLC (mostly swimsuit/hot springs shit) and "add this npc character to your party!" packs is disgusting. A lot of those costumes are $3-$5 a pop.

Two days ago I was perusing my X-Box 360's DLC and I saw how many costumes they had for Dead Or Alive 5... it was a wasteland.
As much as people complain about the DLC scumming in western games, it's shocking just how much worse Japanese developers/publishers are about it...

gunswordfist

What? I remember when Splinter Cell games were guaranteed money...It'll just be Ancel and Rainbow Six games (assuming they are about as Vegas 2)

Nel_Annette

It's so exploitative, you just know there are people out there who lap that shit up. I remember back in the Gamecube days, playing Tales of Symphonia and unlocking a multitude of costumes through sidequests, including the swimsuit stuff. Flash forward to ten years later, and you see Tales Of Graces having more than half of its costumes relegated to DLC at $5 each. I was looking through NIS/Gust games like the Atelier series and Fairy Fencer F and just being bewildered by the number of alt costumes and party members. The very first pack I see for Atelier Ayesha is basically her in her underwear. Main game, she's in this well-designed dress and comes off as totally sweet and innocent. But hey, for $3 you can just have her do the whole game in her underwear.

And all these party member DLCs? What the fuck? Each Atelier game had at least three packs for each game for adding one of the NPCs (who were clearly designed to be party members) to your party. I'm truly curious as to how gimped the games are going to feel when I actually play them.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 09, 2015, 01:33:39 AM
What? I remember when Splinter Cell games were guaranteed money...It'll just be Ancel and Rainbow Six games (assuming they are about as Vegas 2)
A lot of people hated Conviction, and Ubisoft decided to advertise Blacklist as a straight TPS with minor stealth elements despite the fact that it was easily the best game in the series since Chaos Theory. Anyone who plays BL knows it's a stealth masterpiece, but bad marketing and trepidation from fans resulted in lackluster sales.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on May 09, 2015, 01:34:21 AM
It's so exploitative, you just know there are people out there who lap that shit up. I remember back in the Gamecube days, playing Tales of Symphonia and unlocking a multitude of costumes through sidequests, including the swimsuit stuff. Flash forward to ten years later, and you see Tales Of Graces having more than half of its costumes relegated to DLC at $5 each. I was looking through NIS/Gust games like the Atelier series and Fairy Fencer F and just being bewildered by the number of alt costumes and party members. The very first pack I see for Atelier Ayesha is basically her in her underwear. Main game, she's in this well-designed dress and comes off as totally sweet and innocent. But hey, for $3 you can just have her do the whole game in her underwear.

And all these party member DLCs? What the fuck? Each Atelier game had at least three packs for each game for adding one of the NPCs (who were clearly designed to be party members) to your party. I'm truly curious as to how gimped the games are going to feel when I actually play them.
That's just awful. I can't believe people are actually willing to pay extra money for pointless trinkets and obviously cut content. This is even worse than horse armor.

Spark Of Spirit

After Rayman Legends bombed, I'm not even sure Ancel will be getting stuff released any time soon.

gunswordfist

Shows how little I paid attention to the commercials or trailers. I didn't know what to think after I heard that the old dev team left.

Was Conviction really hated that much?
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 09, 2015, 01:43:29 AM
After Rayman Legends bombed, I'm not even sure Ancel will be getting stuff released any time soon.
How'd that bomb too? Don't tell me this is why I've barely heard about BG&E2...

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 09, 2015, 01:47:33 AM
Was Conviction really hated that much?
Yeah. Not many folks took too kindly to the new direction the gameplay and story took. Blacklist rectified most of that, though.

QuoteHow'd that bomb too? Don't tell me this is why I've barely heard about BG&E2...
They delayed a finished game to the year's most packed release window.