Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That's fine, but I still think that the ending was fine. I'd also argue that its BECAUSE of the set-up of Book 2's ending that Book 3 had so much great character and story material to work with in the first place, so either way, good stuff came out of that ending in some form.

gunswordfist

Oh yeah, he was banished...because he cared about his people. This reminds me why I originally wanted to see Zuko show more good leadership. Since as long as I can remember, I've been waiting to see a villain in an animated series that actually cares about their underlings and isn't just a heartless asshole to them.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

So I got done rewatching Korra for the first time over a year later. I've warmed up to the finale, because the positive points really do shine, but there are still parts that I just really don't enjoy. Ah well. Enjoyable first season at any rate. Almost every episode up to that point is a 10/10 to me.

Daikun

Via TZ:

Quote from: The TalonMike DiMartino has confirmed on his Tumblr that the first episode of The Legend of Korra: Book 2 will be screened at the Nick Comic-Con panel this friday.

The Shadow Gentleman

Nel_Annette

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, according to Doug Walker, this is now his new favorite show ever (even above Daria). I'm glad to see that he liked it so much. As for me, my favorite show ever to this day is still Yu Yu Hakusho, followed closely behind by Gargoyles, and while Avatar isn't necessarily a personal favorite of mine, I can definitely see it as standing toe-to-toe with the best shows out there, animated or otherwise.

LumRanmaYasha

Whoa, really? Damn! Well, while Avatar: The Last Airbender is only my 49th favorite show (and yes, I'm being exact), it's certainty one of the greatest shows to come out in recent years, and definitely a worthy favorite show for anybody.

Personally, my own top ten favorite shows ever (at this moment) are:

Spoiler

10. Yu Yu Hakusho
9. Maison Ikkoku
8. Monster
7. Futurama
6. American Dad
5. King of the Hill
4. The Simpsons
3. Trigun
2. South Park
1. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

[close]

And yes, they all just happen to be animated.  :P

The Shadow Gentleman

It's just outside my top 25 series for me. Great show, not as involved in it as I used to be, though.

Avaitor

Wow, really his favorite? I have no idea where this would rank.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

It would probably make my top 15. I am glad to see he likes it. I'm extremely curious for when he gets to the Korra finale. See if he loves that bullshit or not.  :lol:

Daxdiv

Avatar probably is in my top 20, if not 10. Though I really need to think that shit out more.

The Shadow Gentleman

Spark Of Spirit

What was the deal with the statue in the Air Temple?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton