Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

GSF, Do everyone a favor and grow the fuck up. You do nothing on this board but argue with people like a 10-year old.

I'm tired of dealing with your bull-shit.

gunswordfist

I come in peace, brothee.

I think Korra will try to talk to Unalaq as well. I am guessing Korra will try to go the peaceful route and FINALLY show some character development after that spiritual journey she took. I actually hope they don't make her too boring. :D They should find some healthy median between a peace seeking and skull cracking Korra. :P
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Really ticks me off having had to wait an extra week just to see if anything from Wan's story sinks into Korra. I think they've been setting her up for some signifigant changes, but I want the episode to come on already so I know for sure.  :butbut:

I'm going to be disappointed if I'm wrong.

gunswordfist

Dr. Insomniac

Looking back to my previous message, I'm annoyed at how Aang sees it as impossible to kill Ozai simply because he's another human. Throughout the show, he kills countless soldiers during the Siege of the North and the Day of Black Sun. The former can be justified by the Avatar state, but to think he didn't just kill someone when smashing a Fire Nation tank is ludicrous. And those people were soldiers who were just in the line of fire. As that "I can't believe the Captain remembered my birthday!" line showed, they were regular people. So why would Aang feel bad for almost murdering a man who is the direct reason for countless bloodshed (and as the show constantly reminds us, is an awful man who none of his family besides possibly Azula will miss) while not showing emotions for any of those people?

gunswordfist

I am pretty sure Aang has no confirmed/official kills. It looks like he killed some people at best.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 31, 2013, 02:05:41 AMLooking back to my previous message, I'm annoyed at how Aang sees it as impossible to kill Ozai simply because he's another human. Throughout the show, he kills countless soldiers during the Siege of the North and the Day of Black Sun. The former can be justified by the Avatar state, but to think he didn't just kill someone when smashing a Fire Nation tank is ludicrous. And those people were soldiers who were just in the line of fire. As that "I can't believe the Captain remembered my birthday!" line showed, they were regular people. So why would Aang feel bad for almost murdering a man who is the direct reason for countless bloodshed (and as the show constantly reminds us, is an awful man who none of his family besides possibly Azula will miss) while not showing emotions for any of those people?

As you already said, in the Siege of the North, he was in the Avatar State. As for the rest of the show, as ridiculous as it might be that Aang's destructive power didn't at least kill a few people, the fact is that there really are no confirmed kills that were by his hands (or bending, in this case). It's a cartoon, so I can give the physics a bit of slack, myself.

gunswordfist

I am glad we didnt have to see the Avatar equivalent of pilots parachuting out of destroyed planes. Ugh.

Peanutbutter

Jsut a quick heads-up because I only now found this out, but Korra is coming on at 8:00/7:00c, not 8:30. Yeah, another stupid schedule change. Cartoon Network has nothing on Nikelodeon when it comes to schedule blunders.  :unimpressed:

Peanutbutter

A good episode tonight, though aside from Mako being arrested not too much happened. Korra did make up with Tenzin though, and she went with the more subtle approaches this time. I hope she'll be more like this for the rest of the season. I am glad I was vindicated with her development in this episode, but I hope that doesn't change in the season finale.

gunswordfist

The last episode was kind of frustrating. Every teen, except ironically, Korra, was kind of incompetent in this episode. Asami and Bolin didn't even try to believe Mako and Mako talked about Varrick.....at a place Varrick owned. Then his goons took him away right afterwards and Mako seemed to not understand that Varrick was threatening to kill Asami and Bolin. The major adult characters didn't come off as too much better. Unalaq pretty much confirmed he was a dick when he ignored his son getting badly injured. Lin has just been a typical stern action movie cop boss. Why she completely ignores everything Mako says to her and just acts like an ass to him despite what they been through in Season 1 is beyond me. Maybe she's trying hard to not treat him like he's special. Hopefully she is just pretending while keeping an eye on those mustaches assholes and perhaps Varrick too. And Tenzin...This one bugs me the most. He came off badly when he repeatedly said that Jadora didn't know what she was doing because he was the "expert". They could have made him be frustrated about never going to The Spirit World and not being able to help Korra get there without that. Even then, I wish Tenzin got to go instead of Jadora. Korra FINALLY listen to him...and then he gets left behind. For how long, who knows? And I think it has been made clear that Tenzin won't question Jadora's abilities again.

The episode certainly wasn't all bad. We got to see present day Vatu and that Unalaq is in fact working with him. He also told Unalaq to go after Korra since they are both in The Spirit World. I suspect Unalaq will reveal if he knows Vatu wants to wipe out all life and what his true goals for the world are.

Spark Of Spirit

I might have missed it, but did Bolin ever ask his brother why he was in jail? It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't since he barely seemed to care about it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

The Shadow Gentleman

Wasn't he there when Mako was arrested?

Daxdiv

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on November 15, 2013, 07:30:48 PM
Wasn't he there when Mako was arrested?

Yes, both him and Asami.

Spark Of Spirit

I only remember Asami being there, but I guess that's one confusion gone.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton