Courage the Cowardly Dog

Started by Avaitor, June 28, 2011, 07:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So apparently preorders were pulled from Amazon a few days ago for the last set, and it's only available from second-hand sellers now. I can't help but wonder if it's been delayed.

I really hope not.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

I found season 4 at Barnes & Noble today! Apparently it's also available to order from Warner's site, but $25 plus S&H is a bit of cash. B&N had it for $25 at retail, which ended up being a little less thanks to my membership.

Still, it's nice to finally have the whole series of Courage. It feels right. Now can we get the rest of Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Dexter's Lab, and/or Johnny Bravo soon?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Now that I've gotten around to watching the show the whole way through, I think that the last season has to be the best! The last couple of episodes were especially particularly strong, right down to its perfect finale.

It's funny, Courage wasn't a favorite growing up, but I really have grown to appreciate it in the past few years, even more than Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls, which are a little too safe for me today. Not every episode does much for me, but I really like a good third. There's just a lot to enjoy here.

New blog!

Foggle

Courage is so good. That show really shaped a lot of my taste in fiction to this day. :il_hahaha:

Dr. Insomniac

Still bitter that Dilworth wanted to bring Courage back, but CN was like "Naw, man. Shitty PPG reboot that we market like hell for one month before exiling it to early afternoon."

LumRanmaYasha

A new Courage supervised by Dilworth would've had more potential than the new PPG for sure.

Courage still holds up so well, no matter what age you are. It's no surprise that CN kept it around in reruns for years after it ended, even after they stopped airing all the other original Cartoon Cartoons.

Avaitor

The thing that sucks about CN turning Dilworth down is all he wanted to do were two specials. That would take nothing, but CN isn't interested.

Also, have you heard that he's been posting commentaries online? I really should get around to listening to some of these.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

I did not!  :o I need to take a listen to those asap!

Dreamer2

Since its leaving Netflix soon, I've been doing a bunch of episodes in no real order. There's some great episodes. I was surprised by how much I liked the Demon in a Mattress episode compared to Freaky Fred. Which wasn't bad, but it didn't wow me like I thought it would. It always freaked me out as a kid. I was curious how much I'd like it now.

gunswordfist

Crap, I didn't know it was on Netflix..How long does it have?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dreamer2

Sadly, it leaves on the 24th. It seems most of the CN/AS stuff is leaving or has left. Not that there was all that much, but still. Boondocks is also leaving the same day. I'm been doing a bunch of those as well.

gunswordfist

Fuuu..Boondocks too? I was watching that

gunswordfist

Watched the first episode early this morning while pigging out on bagels. I didn't know Katz was the first segment. Solid start.

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 17, 2016, 10:35:19 PMWatched the first episode early this morning while pigging out on bagels. I didn't know Katz was the first segment. Solid start.

That doesn't sound right. I recall the first episode being the weremole.

gunswordfist