The Flintstones reboot is dead.

Started by GaryPotter, April 26, 2012, 01:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Yeah, I don't see a huge market for this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

WWE has marketing to families in recent years. I'm sure a number of WWE fans will want to check this out. There are still Flintstones fans out there who have wanted see something new with for a while. I don't think its a guarantee this will be a smash hit DVD, but it'll get some attention I'm sure.

Avaitor

True, the WWE has a very loyal fanbase who will likely check out anything with their favorite wrestlers in it. But this still seems like a weird way to kick off a new series of Flintstones DTVs.

Actually, why not do this with Tom & Jerry instead? Somehow, that seems like a better fit, considering their past few DTVs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

hobbyfan

So the Flintstones, ala MacFarlane, has officially been flatlined? Meh, whatever.

WWE in Bedrock? I guess Vince McMahon is that desperate to get the kids. First Scooby, now this. Like, what's his next trick? A crossover with the Jetsons?

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on May 30, 2013, 04:33:42 PM
True, the WWE has a very loyal fanbase who will likely check out anything with their favorite wrestlers in it. But this still seems like a weird way to kick off a new series of Flintstones DTVs.

Actually, why not do this with Tom & Jerry instead? Somehow, that seems like a better fit, considering their past few DTVs.

I agree that it is weird. I wonder though if this is really going to be the first new Flintstones special. The Scooby-Doo one was announced around last year I think (may have been early this year I don't know). I haven't heard anything about it since. There could be other Flintstones stuff in the works that may be announced later.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Wonder what this reboot will be like, and will they still try to make it prime time?

Daikun

It will be titled Bedrock and will air on Fox and Tubi.

QuoteBedrock will follow the Flintstone family two decades after the original, with Fred on the brink of retirement and 20-something Pebbles embarking on her own career. As the Stone Age gives way to a shiny and enlightened new Bronze Age, the residents of Bedrock will find this evolution harder than a swing from Bamm-Bamm's club.