Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

... And it looks like it's coming to CN.

Not crazy about that development.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

But why? I could kind of understand Family Matters because Urkel's already a cartoon character in concept, but what does Degrassi have that appeals to CN?

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 13, 2022, 09:21:30 PMBut why? I could kind of understand Family Matters because Urkel's already a cartoon character in concept, but what does Degrassi have that appeals to CN?

Nothing. It's just more corporate synergy crap.

Peanutbutter

Its not even corporate synergy. I've yet to see We Baby Bears on TNT or other networks now owned by AT&T. Its the new CN boss relying on dumb focus group tests which are always crap because of how they frame their questions to the kids they poll. Giancarlo Volpe, the creator of Green Lantern: TAS made a great webcomic that showed how flawed the process is in action. Wish I knew the link.

Dr. Insomniac

I skimmed through Quinton's long-ass Victorious essay (skimmed being a key word, watched enough to get the general gist of it, most of the video is just Quinton filibustering or giving redundant recaps to episodes, no discussion on a Dan Schneider show needs to take longer than watching a whole season of an HBO series). It's amazing a guy can spend 13 hours talking about a show and then come up with barely any central thesis to tie it up.

Avaitor

I can't imagine watching 4-5 hour videos discussing a Nickelodeon show. I tried watching Jenny Nicholson's 2 hour Vampire Diaries video, and she was stretching there, as well. But these just sound exhausting.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on March 12, 2022, 02:02:07 PM
I can't imagine watching 4-5 hour videos discussing a Nickelodeon show. I tried watching Jenny Nicholson's 2 hour Vampire Diaries video, and she was stretching there, as well. But these just sound exhausting.
I can't either, but these videos keep getting millions of views.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

It was already difficult seeing Degrassi exist in a post-Euphoria world.

In vague relation to Degrassi, and I'm sure someone's stated it before, but who's watching enough TeenNick that Paramount can justify keeping the channel on air? I kind of figured that things like 90s Are All That got dumped due to low ratings, but then I see shit like 7 uninterrupted days of Henry Danger or reruns of America's Funniest Home Videos. Is the channel just a money sink Paramount forgot to notice, or is there still a demographic out there to keep it making just enough profit to survive?

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

It's unfortunate, but I'm glad that she's able to recognize that she needs the help. I hope it works out for her this time.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Daikun