Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I hope this leads to less appearances of Robbie in the future. I really can't stand that asshole.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Daikun on April 21, 2013, 07:34:46 PM
I hope this leads to less appearances of Robbie in the future. I really can't stand that asshole.
Ditto. I am hoping that Wendy is smart enough to be "Enough is enough."

I do agree that this probably my least favorite episode so far, but if Wendy breaking it off with Robbie is going to be permanent, I can be OK with this.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, Robbie's kind of been a reason why I haven't been keeping up with the show. He just kills the fun of every scene he's in.

Spark Of Spirit

Have Wendy's other friends even reappeared since their first appearance? They were way more enjoyable than Robbie was, yet he got all the focus since.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 22, 2013, 04:29:06 AM
Yeah, Robbie's kind of been a reason why I haven't been keeping up with the show. He just kills the fun of every scene he's in.
To be fair, this is the first episode with him in a little while.

I'm not done with the episode yet, but Mabel has been incredibly unlikable for most of the episode. I got a kick at the boy band's line about how their music is for you, and not just any girl, you in particular, though. That's pretty much all of One Direction's music in one line there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Avaitor on April 22, 2013, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 22, 2013, 04:29:06 AM
To be fair, this is the first episode with him in a little while.

I'm not done with the episode yet, but Mabel has been incredibly unlikable for most of the episode. I got a kick at the boy band's line about how their music is for you, and not just any girl, you in particular, though. That's pretty much all of One Direction's music in one line there.
The boy band was the episodes saving grace.

"We're not threatening!"

Kiddington

Finally got around to watching it today, and... yeah, that one was really weak. I generally sing the praises of this show more than most, but I think I can safely say that was the first truly bad episode up to this point. But hey, it was a good run. It took until, what, episode 17 until we got our first real stinker? That's a pretty damn good ratio for a new series.

...and man, fuck Robbie. He's actually worse than Pacifica at this point.

Avaitor

Pacifica had what, 2, 3 episodes? Robbie isn't as present as he's made to be seen, but he's definitely had a lot more time to suck up the fun in the show.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The relationship stuff (and bully stuff) really takes away from the show and makes it very generic at times. They didn't need a character like Pacifica in the show either, nor did they need to thrust Dipper's Wendy obsession further than one-off jokes. But then I guess they figure Wendy would then be totally useless.

The show is at its best when it's focused on Gravity Falls itself and not normal sitcom cliches. I really hope they don't forget that. It's probably why I didn't enjoy the video game episode as much as others. Because game stuff aside the plot was very throwaway.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2013, 12:10:11 AMThe show is at its best when it's focused on Gravity Falls itself and not normal sitcom cliches. I really hope they don't forget that. It's probably why I didn't enjoy the video game episode as much as others. Because game stuff aside the plot was very throwaway.

Actually, the video game episode was more important than you realize. Disney actually released a Flash game that served as a sequel to that episode. In the spirit of the series, it contained several cryptograms which left hints for future episodes, including a new character who will be appearing soon in the series.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on April 23, 2013, 05:49:23 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2013, 12:10:11 AMThe show is at its best when it's focused on Gravity Falls itself and not normal sitcom cliches. I really hope they don't forget that. It's probably why I didn't enjoy the video game episode as much as others. Because game stuff aside the plot was very throwaway.

Actually, the video game episode was more important than you realize. Disney actually released a Flash game that served as a sequel to that episode. In the spirit of the series, it contained several cryptograms which left hints for future episodes, including a new character who will be appearing soon in the series.
Huh, that's pretty clever.

... but I still didn't really care for the episode.  :sweat:

Daikun

Kiddington

Quote from: Daikun on April 23, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
No episodes in May.

:wth:

Can't say I'm surprised, honestly (at this rate, with four episodes to go, it'll have taken them an entire calendar year to air one season), but still. Kinda sucks too that this weaksauce episode is all we're getting for at least another month.

GaryPotter

I find it distressing how so many of you don't realize that Pacifica is designed to be a parody of popular girl tropes rather than an actual antagonist. Mabel doesn't even care about her.

As for Robbie, he a douchy teenager. For what he is, he's fairly realistic.

Dr. Insomniac

Just because they're supposed to be asses doesn't mean that they can't be interesting ones. As for realism, most douchey teenagers I've seen usually ignore little kids or make passing remarks than go out of their way to antagonize them on a regular basis. Especially when there's company.