Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow Gentleman

About damn time.

Watch them take a month long break after three episodes air.

LumRanmaYasha

Daikun

Just watched the season premiere.

This show just gets better by the minute. A giant bombshell was revealed about the journals.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, it was a great episode. It also includes Stan finally admitting something to the kids. Anyone else notice that the only two characters not at the party were Robbie and Pacifica? You don't hear me complaining.

I'm really looking forward to more episodes like this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

They did air a new episode on Disney XD. This time it was about Dipper crush on Wendy and visiting a place that's in Dipper's Book. Looks like they're finally gonna drop Dipper's crush with the resolution that happened in the end. Well, at you need to at least acknowledge why it wouldn't work to drop it.

Next week, the Pacifica returns and challenge Mabel to mini-golf.

LumRanmaYasha

Wait, XD has already aired a new episode? When did they do it?

Well, at any rate, I'm glad to hear they are dropping Dipper's crush on Wendy. I got tired of that real quick last season.

Daxdiv

Like Yesterday. Looks like XD's plan is to air a new episode of GF every Monday night at 9 PM. They aired last Friday's episodes at 9, then the new one at 9:30.

Also, in case you're curious about Robbie, he was only mentioned in this episode. His only appearance was on Wendy's phone, and Wendy was still mad at him after the events of last season.

RacattackForce

Looks like the next episode will be a bit more of a breather after the plot-filled premiere episodes. Mini golf with tiny golf ball people. How adorbs.  :blush:

Spark Of Spirit

That Ducktective segment was amazing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The season has been off to a good start thus far. I do hope that this is the end of Dipper's crush on Wendy though, or at least helps to silence it for a little. She's right- she is too old for Dipper, and it gets tiresome.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I really have to say, Mabel is by far the best character Kristin Schaal has ever played. I can't wait to see what happens with all the UV revealed Journal entries.

Quote from: Avaitor on August 09, 2014, 04:40:33 PM
The season has been off to a good start thus far. I do hope that this is the end of Dipper's crush on Wendy though, or at least helps to silence it for a little. She's right- she is too old for Dipper, and it gets tiresome.

I can understand people not liking Dipper's subplot with Wendy because it's obvious they won't get together; but they're only three years apart. If the writers/creators wanted to, they could let Dipper and Wendy have a relationship.

I'm okay with Gravity Falls not being the one to do it, but I'd love see a cartoon where they actually let a kid be with his or her teenage crush provided of course they're only a few years apart like Dipper and Wendy.

Avaitor

Wait, Wendy's only 15?

Huh. It's still a little weird though, since Dipper's barely going through puberty now. But seriously, I do appreciate how the show acknowledged that Wendy knew about his crush. Kids usually aren't very subtle with their crushes, especially not boys.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Skeeter Valentine

Just watched the newest episode.

Dipper is a gigantic asshole throughout the episode, and wants to leave Pacifica to die but Mabel insists on saving her. I just wanted to slap him.

Peanutbutter

Pacifica is everything Mabel said she was when she goaded her into playing golf with her. I side with Dipper.  :immad:

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 12, 2014, 09:18:42 AMPacifica is everything Mabel said she was when she goaded her into playing golf with her. I side with Dipper.  :immad:

Are we certain that she's like this because of her upbringing? Her parents don't exactly look like the best role models.