Boy/Girl Meets World

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 02, 2011, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, the first episode's already filmed, huh? I hope Disney picks this up soon. Its great to see that they managed to get so much of the cast to reunite like this. I know that the show won't be focused on any of them except for Cory, Topanga, and maybe Mr. Feeny, but it'd be nice to get to see guest appearances from other old cast members in future episodes. But, its understandable that they won't have much involvement with the show, because this is not Boy Meets World anymore, and if this show is to be successful, they have to make sure that the new generation of characters are the primary focus of the series, and that any returning cast members play strong supporting roles in the background. I just hope the new characters that this series focuses on can manage to be as likable and interesting as most of the main BMW cast.

Spark Of Spirit

I hope it gets picked up soon. While I'm not expecting it to be a direct sequel, I am interested to see how they will approach it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Considering the publicity GMW has been getting, I do doubt that Disney would pass on it.

Even if they do for whatever reason, they'd probably at least air the pilot as a special.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The Boy Meets World cast will apparently be on Good Morning America at 7am tomorrow. Presumably to talk about the old show and the upcoming one.

If anyone here is up at that time, be sure to tune in!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I typically get up for work at 7 AM (well, its not officially work, but its pretty much the same thing), so if I got up about half an hour earlier to get ready, I'd probably be able to catch this. That said, I know I like to get in every last minute to sleep that I can, so I'll probably just wait for someone to post the segment up on Youtube.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Here's video of the panel they filmed.

There's a few good tidbits in there for BMW fans.

Avaitor

Word around town is that Riley's cousin will appear in the show this season. So this means that we might either get to see Eric or Morgan as well.

If they go with the latter, I wonder which Morgan they'd get, or if they would hire a new woman to play her, like they're doing with Harvey.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The first Morgan is the one appearing in press junkets so I would assume it would be her. But I'm willing to bet it will be Eric. You can't do BMW without Eric and a sequel without his influence would just be missing something.

Oh, we forgot to mention in this thread- Girl Meets World was officially picked up as a series.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

While I would love to see Eric make a guest appearance on the show, its honestly hard to picture the guy as a dad.

Spark Of Spirit

Will Friedle talks a bit about GMW

Right now he has no official involvement, but that could change. Personally, I hope they don't go cameo heavy on the first season anyway, it would probably make it feel too tacky.

Avaitor

I think the best way to go is with the Frasier method, where the only Cheers character who showed up in its first season was the one who NEEDED to- Lilith. After the show had enough time to get its feet off the ground and decide what it wanted to do, then we started getting more characters from the show to appear.

Let's see how Riley and the rest of the new characters are going to do before they start bringing over more BMW characters.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

If you haven't bothered to get the DVDs yet, there's this puppy on the way:

It apparently has new special features and will be out in November. I already got all seven seasons so I'm good.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I, however, do not own any seasons of the show, so this set definitely looks like an enticing offer to me. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Oh Cory, still awkward in a crowd.