Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 06, 2015, 04:57:41 PMI watched the quiz show out of curiosity. It was pretty boring over all. The layout reminds me of something I would see people in high school/college students doing for a project/fair/event around their school. Was Demo Reel even that bad compared to this train wreck?

No. Demo Reel had production values. This stupid thing couldn't even afford a decent mic beyond that $10 piece of crap that Brad was using.

Oh, wait. Yes, they could. They got nearly ninety grand.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 06, 2015, 11:47:15 AM
Quote from: Foggle on April 06, 2015, 11:31:26 AM
Who is LordKat? Are they the stalker or someone else...?

LordKat is an ex-Channel Awesome contributor who now dedicates his time to making tediously long live streams ranting about how much he hates the site and the people associated with it. The stalker Peanutbutter is referring to is Asalieri, who....well, this sums it up.

IMO, both are unpleasant people whose opinions aren't worth a damn.

Yes, what you said. I only agreed with LordKat since he did work with Channel Awesome, but yeah he's a creep for a different reason. I refuse to acknowledge the latter whenever possible.

talonmalon333

Seven seconds into the video, you can see the studio light. :blush:

Avaitor

I didn't really hate Demo Reel. It wasn't all that funny, but it had its moments and some potential. But I have no interest in this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

I agree with LordKat sometimes, but I agree that he spends too much time mudslinging the site to be in any way likable, or someone I'd subscribe to. Ever since he left CA, the only times I ever, ever see someone bring him up is when he has some shit-talking to do about the site. A shame really. I don't even know what else he does since he left.

Dr. Insomniac

So which people who left CA didn't go crazy?

Peanutbutter

Here's Doug's thoughts on The Dark Age of Movies (The mid-to-late 90s).

http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/nc-the-dark-age-of-movies-7185778

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 06, 2015, 09:40:35 PM
So which people who left CA didn't go crazy?

I was never a fan of them, but Lupa and Phelous seem to fit this bill.

talonmalon333

And Lindsey's still saner than pretty much all of them.

GregX

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 08, 2015, 08:49:34 PM
And Lindsey's still saner than pretty much all of them.

I've hung out with Lindsay a couple of times, we have a friend in common. She's cool.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've got to disagree with her about AEMH being unremarkable. Other than that, it's a pretty decent retrospective.

LumRanmaYasha

gunswordfist

Love that movie. I might have to actually start watching some of these videos...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha