Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Think I'll do like Season 2 and continue to avoid all footage of the upcoming Book.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

That trailer didn't give away much, but those action cuts do look great. It'll also be cool to see Zuko again.

Dr. Insomniac

Thanks to Mexican leaks, I have seen the future. It is not pretty.

The Shadow Gentleman

From what I've heard, there'll be more political and family drama.

Spark Of Spirit

You guys are killing my remaining interest in this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Well, that was short notice.

The Shadow Gentleman

The commentary for Book 2, in which the creators explain a few things.

Daxdiv

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on June 25, 2014, 08:19:43 AM
The commentary for Book 2, in which the creators explain a few things.

I hate how they say that the final battle isn't supposed to make sense from a physical/practical standpoint and that it's just supposed to be a symbolic/spiritual thing. Fuck that shit, that's just a haphazard way of resolving things just so you can get the ending you want and is not good storytelling. It also bothers me that even they don't know what the hell Jinora did in the final battle.  :srs:

Makorra being dead is great and all, but unless both of them become better characters next season, it's not really going to mean much. Just the fact they were in a relationship was not the problem, rather, it was how they behaved and the circumstances and actions that led to them getting together and led them to falling out being obnoxious and making them really annoying, unsympathetic jerks. I'd hope they learned this and write them better next season, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So we're getting a Korra action game made by the best action game developer on the planet? If this is true, then expect the story to suck and the gameplay mechanics to be amazing.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 25, 2014, 03:36:44 PM
So we're getting a Korra action game made by the best action game developer on the planet? If this is true, then expect the story to suck and the gameplay mechanics to be amazing.
We just watched season two a few months ago.

We're used to it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes, but the improvement is that season 2 in fact didn't have any gameplay mechanics at all. By tacking on something good to a bad story, it automatically makes I better than a bad story by itself.[/logic]

Peanutbutter

Just saw the first two episodes of the new season. The villains being a group of criminals as well being benders of every element is different, the armless Waterbending one is really cool so far. The leader seems like he has quite the backstory. While Bolin had some bad luck, Mako seemed to get quite the abuse at times too. I liked Korra's interactions with Asami in this.

A pretty good beginning, we'll see how the rest of the season goes.

LumRanmaYasha

The first three episodes of season 3 were pretty good. Korra is finally acting sensibly, they've given Asami stuff to do, and Mako and Bolin have become more tolerable characters again and they had some great moments in the third episode. Zuko is back and awesome and I'm happy about that, and the main plot for this season looks to be very interesting. This is a much stronger start than Book 2 had and I hope that it can keep being entertaining throughout the season, though since this is Korra, I'm keeping my expectations for the season moderate.